"i'm sorry. i went to sleep earlier because i was tired and haven't really looked at my phone today. what were you gossiping about?"

myunghee looked at dongmin. "er, your ex-boyfriend..."

"right..." hyerin mumbled. "i'm going to the bathroom."

"we'll see you during breaks?"

hyerin nodded. 

"take care."

hyerin splashed cold water on her face before looking at herself in the mirror. this was going to be a long day. 

she patted her skin dry with a paper towel before checking her watch and seeing she had one minute before she was going to be late to her class so she bolted out of the girls' bathroom. and by doing so, she ran into someone. 

"w- hyerin? you okay?"

donghyuck. 

she was speed walking down the hallway too quickly to answer him. 

her heart raced after she'd plopped herself down onto her seat and for once it wasn't because of her anxiety but because she'd just ran up the stairs in order to make it to class on time. 

"welcome, so glad that you've decided to join us. late, as always," the teacher sarcastically pointed out when donghyuck and jaemin sauntered in.

jaemin turned to hyerin appearing confused and worried.

"jaemin. face the front."

hyerin shielded her face from them and started to write down the date into her notebook. 

during the five minute breaks between classes, myunghee and dongmin joined hyerin and renjun joined jaemin and donghyuck. 

"i'm so done with this calculus class already," myunghee groaned. "i hate it."

"well, look on the bright side, it's only two more months." hyerin smiled.

"crazy how we graduate in such a short amount of time. i remember the first day of high school like it was a couple of months ago," myunghee mumbled. 

hyerin also remembered the first day of high school. it was her and donghyuck standing at the gates together debating who should go in first. then, jaemin, jeno and renjun joined them two minutes later and they walked in with hyerin between them. 

"that dick is in my class."

hyerin heard renjun snap and her eyes look out to the hallway where junmin was walking past with his two friends and laughing. she gripped the hem of her skirt as she heard the sound of his stupid laughter. 

"are you okay...?"

she nodded. "period things."

looked like that was the excuse she was going to use for everything. 

"hmm. we'll see you at lunch." dongmin patted her head before the pair of them went back to class. 

her anxiety got worse the closer to got to lunch because she knew she'd see him then. she could barely hold her pen in her shaking hand and it was pissing her off because the teacher was going so quickly she would write two words of a sentence before she'd move slides and hyerin would have to cross the sentence out and start a new one. she was grateful for the bell ringing to signal lunch. 

"aren't you guys going to grab anything from the queue?"

myunghee shook her head. "my mum made this good curry so i brought some in today. if i didn't then it'd be all gone by the time i got home so..."

"okay. be right back." hyrein queued by herself and looked at what to get from the fridge. she couldn't even think properly because she was scanning the same option twice to three times so her brain could register the words. 

"hey, princess." a hand snaked up her thigh and she spun around so quickly she could've gotten whiplash to slap him across the face. she did it so harshly that his head turned to the side. 

that obviously got the attention of the other kids in the queue who muttered and stared and hyerin bolted out the queue and out the cafeteria leaving everyone confused. 

she'd ran off to the toilet to throw up because she felt sick from his touch. that he'd laid his hands on her again. she felt dirty. 

she sobbed as she slid down the wall and sat on the bathroom floor. 

"hyerin?!"

she stopped and drew a breath. 

she wiped her eyes and flushed the toilet then adjusted her skirt before walking out of the cubicle. 

"there you are. fuck, are you okay? what happened? have you been crying?"

"i think i ate something bad last night or this morning. no i'm not crying, it's from throwing up."

myunghee rested a hand on her friend's back. "drink some water, come on. i'll take you to the nurse."

"i'm fine. honestly."

hyerin didn't want to miss any classes. finals were soon and she didn't want to miss any of the material. 

myunghee led her back to the cafeteria where dongmin handed her some lunch he'd gotten for her in the queue. "eat," he instructed. 

"thank you."

<3

so sorry people, i've just had a couple of things going on and haven't written anything but i'll try to get back to my shit