* * *

It was Thursday night when I finally decided to tell Fabian na sasama ako sa party niya. I couldn't always adjust my life around the possibility na makasalubong ko si Zion. Besides, ano naman kung makasalubong ko siya? No one knew about us. My friends knew about us, but I highly doubted that anyone in his life knew about my existence.

To him, I was just some girl he'd go to when he felt like getting laid.

That was all I ever was to him.

It's pathetic how I was letting him have this much power over me when I barely existed in his world.

So, I dressed up. I just wanted to make a good impression sa mga kaibigan ni Fabian.

Oh, God.

This guy.

This guy was willing to be seen with me in public.

With me.

In public.

In front of his friends.

And I had the audacity na kabahan dahil lang walang 'sparks' iyong first kiss namin?

We'd practice.

We'd practice again and again hanggang maramdaman ko 'yang sparks na 'yan. Kahit na ako na mismo ang magsindi sa sarili ko dahil mas gugustuhin ko na iyong sitwasyon na 'to kaysa iyong pakiramdam ko na isa akong sikreto na kailangang itago.

'Do I need to bring anything?' I messaged him on iMessage.

'Just yourself.'

'You sure?'

'Yes,' he replied. 'Don't worry. They're nice. You'll have a good time.'

'You promise?'

'I'll try my best to entertain you lol'

I was smiling at his last reply. This was a nice guy. I deserve a nice guy. I should actively choose a nice guy.

Pumunta ako sa condo ni Nikki para manghiram ng damit at saka magpa-ayos na rin. I just wanted to look good for Fabian. I knew that what he's doing is the bare minimum but I'd been treated like shit. What's wrong with appreciating being treated like a human being with feelings?

"Kinakabahan ako," sabi ko nang matapos si Nikki sa pag-aayos ng buhok ko. I told her na ayokong magmukhang nag-effort talaga kaya naman ginawa niya iyong 90s blowdry daw ang tawag doon.

"Don't be," she said. "Have fun. It's just a party. You've been to lots of parties."

"I know. Thank you."

She winked at me. "You're welcome," she said. "People there will be drunk, so it'd be easier to get along with them," she continued. "I mean, based on experience, it's easier to get along with foreigners. At least for me. They're less judgy as compared to Filipinos."

Binigyan pa ako ni Nikki ng ilang tips bago ako umalis pabalik sa condo ko. Doon ako sa unit ko naghintay. It was five minutes before 8PM nang magmessage si Fabian na nasa lobby na siya. Kakain muna kasi kami ng dinner bago pumunta sa party.

"Hey," sabi niya nang makita ako na naglalakad palapit. He stood up and kissed my cheek while his hand was placed on the small of my back. When he first did it, medyo nagulat ako, but I was already used to it.

"Done with work?" I asked kasi nagmessage siya sa akin kanina na hindi siya sigurado kung makakarating siya on-time dahil may pinapaulit sa kanya na set. I said that it was fine. At least nagsabi siya na may posibilidad na ma-late siya at hindi iyong bigla na lang siyang hindi nagpakita.