卍 from the future, 2017 卍

"How are we feeling today, Mrs Fuyukawa?" I asked the elderly woman, who had recently had a cardiac arrest but is recovering well.
"Much better, Doctor Kurawa. Thank you." She smiled slightly.
"My colleagues and I have discussed the results of your latest checkups and I'm pleased to say, that two days from now you can leave the hospital. Although, I would like you to visit me every week for two month. Just to make sure that everything is working as they should." I said as the patient's daughter shot up from her seat and grabbed her mother's hand in utter happiness. "Mrs. Miyano, could you please come to my office? I would like you to sign some papers and give you a prescription for medication." I called the younger woman who was still almost double my age.
"Of course, I'll be right back Mother." She said as we left the room making my way to the office.

As we entered the rather small space I gestured her to sit down at my desk while I was going through the documents in my shelves.

"Are those kids the doctor's children?" The woman asked and I looked over my desk.

Obviously, she was talking about one of my pictures, one that was taken by my dear old friend Chifuyu and caught the moment of my beloved hugging me when we went out to do some graffities somewhere in Shibuya.

Everything was so different back then.

"Oh no, I'm only 28. It's actually... The boy was my boyfriend and the green haired girl is me." I said with a sad smile.

Pictures filled my mind, I saw the knife in his hands as he raised it high, and then sunk it into his abdomen as blood poured out and he collapsed into Chifuyu's arms.

"Oh, is the doctor still friends with him to have pictures about him?" She asked in curiosity.
"He... He died when we were still young. That made me want to work in ER, actually." I said softly.
"Oh, I'm so sorry." The woman whispered but I just faintly smiled at her as I placed the papers on the desk, letting her read them through and then pointing where to sign.

"Sorry... Hikari. I know you're... disappointed in me and prob... probably hate me because of what... what I did to get... into Valhalla... but look... I didn't say it many times but... I really loved you." Kei said weakly as his grip on my hand loosened and eventually fell from mine. His mesmerizing eyes fell blank, staring at me with a glass-like look.

"Oi, Baji-kun. Don't you dare!!" Chifuyu yelled at my beautiful boy.

"Kei, please. I could never hate you or be disappointed in you. I-I know I have said mean things, but darling, you're the love of my life. You're my only one. I– I have already bought you a gift for your birthday, you know. It was... It was supposed to be a surprise but we want to throw you a party. I–If you don't come, I'll be really mad. A–and we have our costumes for halloween. Plu–us we still have... we have time. Please, Please don't leave me." I whispered as I tried to burry my upcoming cry.

...

I was genuinely happy to exit Tokyo Medical University Hospital's huge glass doors. Exhaust was written over my pale skin that's only colors were provided by the bags under my eyes.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do like my job, it's just that after pulling an all nighter I'd rather be at home.

The hospital wasn't that far from the station, actually. It was always a nice walk, tired or not. That 15ish minute had actually been the zenith of my days a few times.

As childish as it seems, I honestly enjoyed being faster than people sitting in the constant traffic jams.

Japan's still as huge of a country as ever, having many residents living in it's wonderful but quite overcrowded cities.

I exited the hospital before most people's work start. That meant one thing, more or less motivated workers filled Shinjuku station waiting for their trains forming an ocean of mostly dark haired humans.

It seemed like any other day. Chaotic, exhausting, slightly depressing and meaningless.

It all happened 12 years ago, but I tried. I honestly tried with all my heart. I wanted to learn how to cope with his death since forgetting him was never an option for me.

I really put my everything into it, trying to get over him. I even tried dating a few guys but stopped it after I noticed I kept comparing them to my deceased lover.

Needless to say, noone was as fantastic, angelic, funny, good, and chaotic as Baji Keisuke was.

He was my now faded beautiful little mess.

As I was thinking about him my train arrived dragging me back into the painful reality but instead trying to stuff myself into it I made a 180° and proceeded to another platform.

I have decided it, I'll visit him today.

.
.
.

Well, that was the plan but I really should have known better. Ever since that day my lucky and happy life took a turn into an unlucky and sad one.

Knowing my luck, of course someone tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of my train. As a good doctor who had sweared to save lives I rushed to the unconscious man's side who had just been dragged up to the platform. Minutes before the train arrived with high speed.

"I'm a doctor." I told the suicidal man's savior as he held my sight with a suspicios expression reassuring him that I was indeed trying to help. "He doesn't have any visible injury, that's good. I'll check his pulse." I said to the man in the suit next to me who stilled eyed me with strange looks, almost as if he was trying to figure out who I was.

I never imagined that my monotone and gray life would ever change and yet here I was, uppon touching the suicidal black haired man's arm to make sure that he has a pulse, I felt a strange shocking sensation crawling it's way through my body as everything went black.

Next thing I know is that I'm baking muffins in a traditional Japanese house while listening to Chop Suey by System of a Down and readying Kafka's Metamorphosis.