Two

This is an official copy of a confidential police report regarding the murder/assault on July 27, 2021, at the Turner residence. Do not copy or share under penalty of purgery and failure to comply with confidentiality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incident Report Form

Reported by: Maisy Turner                                            Date of report: 07/29/22

Title/Role: Mother of victims                                  Incident No.: 68762836734

                                                 Incident Information

Incident type: Murder/Assault                                Date of Incident: 07/27/22  

Time of Incident: 1:30 am

Incident Description: Unknown man armed with a hunting knife broke into the Turner residence around 1:30 am and stabbed and killed Dylan Turner. He then entered Harley Turner's room and attacked her with the previously mentioned hunting knife. She sustained injuries to the left calf from the knife and blunt force trauma to the torso. Harley, under the protection of self-defense, killed the attacker later identified as Robert Wellman post mortem. The mother, Maisy Turner was unharmed and called 911 at 1:53 am.

Follow-up action: Mother and daughter were transported from the scene to the hospital and the son (DOA) was brought to the morgue by the coroner. Robert Wellman (DOA) was transported to the morgue and placed under police investigation. Details of the autopsy are to be reviewed upon completion.

Police report filed?: YES

Reporting Officer: James Ranier

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy Ranier sat at his desk with the freshly printed report in his hands. The paper was still warm. Harley Turner... Ranier was still amazed by the capability of this young woman to survive such a dangerous individual. Robert Wellman had been a police suspect in three attempted murders in the past 4 months, each one more brutal and closer to success. After the first attack of a woman named Kennedy Short, Wellman had disappeared from his job and residence. At first, he was assumed missing and an investigation was launched to find what had happened to him. It was not until the second attack of a 16-year-old boy who recognized him that he was identified as the lead suspect in the investigation. The police force in Darby had been stretched thinner than usual patrolling and enforcing curfew around the small town, but until tonight, they had had no luck in finding Wellman. 

James Ranier filed the police report away and rested his head in his hands. His whole body felt heavy. These past four months had been long and tiresome. Maybe now that Wellman was off the street he could finally get a good night's rest. He stood up from his chair and grabbed his belongings out of his desk. As he stood, he felt his back seize slightly, probably leftover stress from the day. It was a short drive from the station to his home but it felt like hours as his body and mind battled sheer exhaustion.

Once he made it to his house he beelined it to his bed and fell onto it with a loud thump. Not bothering to change out of his uniform, Ranier scooted himself under the blankets and closed his eyes.

He shifted his body.

He shifted again.

The image of Harley on her bedroom floor covered in blood flooded his mind.

He opened his eyes and winced. Sleep was not going to come easy tonight. Groaning, Ranier threw the covers over his head and closed his eyes again. Two hours passed with him curled under the covers trying desperately to sleep. 

Sleep finally came for the deputy around 4:32 am.

He dreamt of his teeth falling out.