𝒗𝒊. new bonds being made

Zacznij od początku

      "I only joke when it is actually funny," She remarked, smugly smirking at the man whose face dropped from her reply. Juniper snickered at his face that was plastered, and Jake couldn't help the raw smile on his face from hearing her laugh. She cleared her throat, "what are you even doing here? Are you not supposed to be training with Neytiri? Just because you are ready to become hunter doesn't mean you stop."

      "Uh, it's actually about that—becoming a hunter," Juniper furrowed her brows and watched as Jake took a step towards her. She strapped the bow against her bow, side-by-side against her quiver. Jake sighed, "I was hoping you'd be there when I bond with an ikran. Neytiri told me how you're the best flyer, and it'd be an honour to have you there."

      Juniper's lips raised to a lopsided smile as she shook her head, "Neytiri is just saying that. We have a bunch of good flyers."

      Jake cocked his head to the smile, glancing down at the child, "none of which are you. I've seen it, Juniper. I've seen you fly, and ... it's amazing. Really. I want you to be there. Not only because of how good you are with an ikran but also because you're important to me," Juniper puckered her brows which Jake took notice of, "and I'm glad that we talked, becoming close."

      Juniper sighed heavily, taking the man's words in. She detected any sense of a lie within his expression, but she only saw the sincerity pouring from his eyes. Juniper thought over it for a minute, "fine, I'll be there. And ... I guess, I'm happy too that we're friends or whatever."

Juniper met the thankful eyes of Jake when she dismounted Zuzip, stroking the creature's head before it flew away. Neytiri had landed just minutes prior to Juniper's arrival. The Vespera girl tore her gaze from Jake and Neytiri, landing on Tsu'tey's. She grinned, bringing her hand to her forehead and gesturing it down, "I see you, Tsu'tey."

Tsu'tey returned the gesture before turning to Jake, a smirk etching on his face, "Jakesully will go first," Jake breathlessly scoffed, walking to the narrow edge of the mountain, hidden behind a waterwork. She sharply exhaled and handed his bow to Tsu'tey, who snatched it out of his grip. Juniper followed after the Sully man, looking down at the ground below them.

The sound of the waterfall filled their ears, bringing a sense of calm to Juniper. She loved the sound the environment around her made in addition to the scenery. Jake was careful with his step, keeping his back against the rocky mountain whilst Juniper strode freely. The two, as well as Neytiri trailing after them, could hear the ikrans on the other side. Jake was the first to poke his head, observing all the banshees in their habitat.

Juniper could feel the anxiety reeking from Jake. She gripped his shoulder, peering over his head to the ikrans and back to the man, "now you choose your ikran. But, this is not just picking and choosing," He furrowed his brows, eyeing the girl on what she meant, "you must feel it within," Her fingers tapped against his chest, "and they must choose you. You have to move quick, Jake."

"How will I know he chooses me?" Jake inquired, switching his gaze between the creatures and Juniper.

The girl inhaled, "he will try to kill you," She bluntly stated, "that is why you only get one chance. You either bond with ikran, or you die trying. This is why it's the test for young hunters."

Jake inhaled, growing more nervous than he was previously, "outstanding," He said, sarcasm leaking from his voice. The banshees glared at the man as he stepped off the ledge, unravelling the piece of vine he held. The creatures shrieked at Jake, some flying off the edge or backing away from the man as they had not chosen him.

Yet, one of the ikrans that remained caught Jake's eye. The Sully man tilted his head at the banshee when it roared, baring his canines out as he hissed. A grin lit up on Juniper's face when she realised that these two have chosen each other. She watched with anticipation as Jake swung the vine—used as a rope—in his grip and said, "let's dance."

Tsu'tey laughed, pointing towards the man as he stared into the ikrans sight, "that moron's going to die," Juniper didn't pay any attention towards Tsu'tey's comment but gave a roll of the eyes nonetheless. Juniper knew Jake had this in the bag, especially with Neytiri being his teacher and whatnot.

Juniper's eyes widened as the banshee pounced forward, yet Jake was faster. The rope managed to wrap around the animal's snout, leaping on its neck as he held it firmly in place. The ikran withered in his hold, flapping its wings—trying to do anything to get Jake off, but he was still intact. Using his force, the ikran dropped to the ground with its mouth locked by Jake's arm wrapped in addition to the vine.

Juniper's breathing became irregular, watching the scene in front of her. She yelled out through the commotion towards Jake, "make the bond!" In an attempt of grabbing the ikran's antenna to make the bond, he was hit when the banshee flung his head back. Juniper cursed when Jake was tossed off the creature and slipped over the edge. Neytiri was the first to react, running forward and calling for the man.

The Vespera girl was quick to follow after Neytiri, gazing at the ledge where Jake had fallen off. She felt a massive amount of relief flood through her when she saw Jake pull himself up with his strength from the branches that hung off. With determination, Jake ran towards the banshee once more and repeated his action of grabbing it by the neck and jumping on its back. Keeping a firm grip on the vine tied around its snout, preventing the creature from flying off.

Neytiri called out to him, "shahaylu, Jake. Shahaylu," Jake and the ikran flopped to the ground as the Sully man pulled them down, using his legs as a headlock, allowing his hands to remain free as he gripped the antenna and his queue. He connected them together with a scream ripping through his chest. Juniper beamed when the ikran relaxed, laying there as it panted.

As Jake climbed on top of it, they locked eyes, "that's right. You're mine," He stated through his panting as he unwrapped the firm piece of rope around its mouth. Jake remained sitting on top of the banshee as it got up from its position on the ground.

Juniper ran to his side, pushing the ikran to the edge as she explained, "the first flight seals the bond. You can't wait," When Jake was on the ledge, Juniper called, "think 'fly,'" Jake repeated the word in a questioning tone of voice and yelled as the ikran suddenly leapt off the mountain. Plummeting down, Juniper watched as they flew unsteadily and heard Jake's shouts, with him barely clinging on.

As Jake fixed his stance on the creature and ordered the ikran to fly straight, Juniper grinned as they flew as one. Jake had bonded with an ikran—once again proving that he was worthy of being Na'vi.