What Do You Need, Baby?

"Yea, I don't want anything in the warehouse tonight. I need it to be out in the front." Roman states on the phone as he paces back in forth in his office.

You overheard him on the top of the stairway, looking down at the envelope in your hand."Dammit," you whispered to yourself. Thinking that this could be the worst shit ever. You could not even fathom the idea of how you got into this situation. You are responsible. Smart. And very organized, how the hell could this happen? You walked back into the Master bedroom, heading straight to the balcony. You opened up the door and stepped outside to take a breath. In deep thought, you started to think about the decisions you've made in your life and how much of a responsible person you are and how you've always had a plan B, but not this time. You took several more deep breaths and stared at the sunset that lay ahead of you. Tilting your head to the side and closing your eyes with a silent prayer.

"Lord, heavenly father, please let this man say 'yes'" you silently whispered to yourself as the wind blew against your warm face. You turned your body around facing the bedroom and walked back in quickly, heading straight back downstairs. Still holding the envelope in your hand, you finally approached Roman's office door. You can still hear him conversating back and forth on the phone loudly as his emotions begin to intensify with each response. You took a deep breath once more before opening the office door.
"NO!!" Roman screamed loudly as he paces back and forth near his desk. You were taken aback by his random outburst. He had frustration written all over his face, but the moment he looked at you, everything changed.

"Hey Baby," he breathed out in a quiet, more calm tone, as his whole demeanor changed when you walked in. "Hey, honey are you a little busy right now?" you asked him quietly.
"HOLD ON, JT GIMME A SEC.
Yea baby you need something?"

"Oh if you're busy right now, I'll just come by another time-" you quickly responded. "No, No I'm not," he said as he held his hand over the phone.

"JT WE'LL FINISH THIS UP TOMORROW, AIGHT" He ended the call.
"Sorry about that baby, what's going on?" he said in his softest voice, sitting down in his office chair.

"Oh I just wanted to make sure if we are still on for Saturday night?" you asked with a slight smile trying to build conversation and not jump the gun.

"Of course we are. You know it's been a while since we had a date." he said sitting back down in his chair.
"I know, I was just making sure, you did not have any other plans." You approached him and leaned on the desk facing him as he glances at you and back at his Macbook.

"I wouldn't agree if I did." he looked up at you with a smile. You looked down at the ground. Still trying to build up the courage, but also hoping he doesn't notice.

"Baby..." he said as he stopped typing.

"You got something else on your mind?" he asked. Roman knew something was up, he can tell when you are holding back."Ummmmmm..." you trailed off for a bit hoping he'd changed the conversation. You leaned up from the desk and started to walk around the office, trying to figure out another topic to talk about.
Roman got up from his seat and trailed behind you, grabbing your waist and pulling you in unexpectedly.

"Baby, I can always tell when you need something wassup," he asked genuinely. You hid the envelope at your sides, but he peeped it and slowly went for it.
"Nah we ain't gotta go through this whole dance, what you need?" He asked once more.
You gripped the envelope in your hand, and then folding it back up into your pocket. 
"Some money," you said as quietly as possible not making eye contact.

"How much?" he said still looking at you with softness in his big brown eyes.. "A thousand."
"A thousand? That's it?" he repeated.
"You have to fight me over a thousand?" he chuckled. You looked up at him, with innocence. "What you need it for?"
"For something."
"For what? You need to tell me what you need it for" he replied
"Well, I am running a bit short on my car insurance. Only because I thought I budgeted properly." you responded, truthfully.
"That's what in the envelope?" he asked. You nodded your head, yes in response.
"Was that hard?" he chuckled and looked at you deeply.

Roman took a step back and head to the right side of his desk. He opened the very last drawer in which lies a safe with a combination lock only he knows.

"Hold on, aight, you said you need a thousand?" he says as he started counted the wads of cash. "1, 2, 3,4..." he began to trail off.
"32, 33.." he continued. You stared at him in shock.
"Here's 45. Take that." He said.
"Oh, baby, no all I needed was just-"
"I know you said a thousand, just take the 45. Do whatever you want with the rest."
"But Baby, I-"
"Take it. Ok. That's nothin." He placed the money in a large black Dior bag that was underneath his desk. He handed it to you and then cupped your cheeks. "Listen, you need it, Okay."
"And whatever my baby needs, I will provide no matter what." He says to you before a deep, passionate french kiss. Roman pulled your chin closer making your insides feel warm and tingly. "Alright now go do what you gotta do." Pulling away and giving your ass a quick smack.

"Thank you so much Baby, I appreciate this." You said walking out of his office. He smiled at you and then watched you from behind as you proceeded to leave. "Love u baby." He says as he went back to work. You closed the door of his office exhaling out and praised the Almighty God for your man. The only thing to worry about now, is how you are going to pay him back.
And that will soon come later.