five

"Ahh, that was really good!" Kei moaned in satisfaction after he finishes the last slurp of his ramen. "I'm glad you agreed to come with me, it would have been better if Euijoo was here too."

Nicholas nodded as he sipped on his ramen soup before putting the cup down on the table with a silent burp. "He said he wanted to go somewhere else alone so I let him."

Kei and Nicholas were sitting next to each other in a 24/7 convenience store eating ramen and snacking on some stuff. The elder guy wanted to bring both of his friends but when he arrived at their dorm he could only find Nicholas alone so he brought him together instead.

Kei laughed lowly. "That kid always wants to be alone nowadays, I wonder what he's actually up to." He wondered.

Nicholas never really thought about it before until Kei mentioned it. Whenever Euijoo wanted to do something with him, he'd join and if Euijoo didn't want him to stick his nose to his business then he won't which he did nonchalantly to both.

But ever since his reunion with Chaeri, the guy seemed a little affixed to her and distant toward him.

He missed spending time with his best friend.

Not long after, a couple entered the convenience store so Nicholas and Kei weren't the only ones in there. But somehow, they seemed too familiar to Nicholas.

He raised his eyebrows as he peeked over at them carefully, noticing some details from them.

Speak of the devil.

"That looks like Euijoo and Chaeri," Kei spoke, still looking at them.

Nicholas nodded in agreement. "Indeed they are, guess it's not just us."

"We should totally bring them with us!" Kei stood up and waved at them happily while Nicholas was panicking because of his undone hair since he felt embarrassed that Chaeri might see it. "Hey! Over here, Euijoo!"

Both Euijoo and Chaeri quickly turned their heads at Kei, placing their basket down on the floor then went over to him and Nicholas.

Euijoo somehow wasn't really that pleased to see his friends there. Of course, he knew it was a coincidence but when will he get the real alone time with Chaeri?

An actual, alone moment with Chaeri was all he needed without any interruption.

"What are you guys doing here?" Euijoo asked in curiosity.

"We ate ramen together. I wanted to bring you as well but Nicholas said you need some 'alone' time." Kei smirked when he pointed out alone, his eyes darted to the girl who was feeling timid being around them.

Nicholas was heartbroken to see them together and to find out that his best friend didn't tell him that he was going with her. He kept wondering why Euijoo didn't just tell him, he should've just been honest with him.

Something about Euijoo lately is bugging him. And he wasn't happy that he actually brought Chaeri when he told him he wanted to be alone outside.

"By the way, Fuma called me earlier he said he wants to talk to you about the class president stuff since he's the professor's helper," Kei told Euijoo with a stern face, signaling him that it was important.

Euijoo's eyebrows raised in confusion. "When?"

"Right now, outside the store. He's waiting," Kei pointed at where Fuma was waiting outside, they were all able to see him since it was a see-through glass.

Euijoo sighed as he looked at Chaeri with a small smile to suppress his frustration. "You can wait here with Nicholas, me and Kei gonna talk about some stuff outside okay?"

Chaeri nodded. "Sure." She answered plainly before Euijoo and Kei went outside to talk with Fuma.

Nicholas's piercing eyes gazed thoroughly at their interaction. They already look like a couple, and he hates to admit that he was already frightened about it. It was too much for his dear eyes to see them.

The girl awkwardly cleared her throat before sitting on Kei's seat beside Nicholas, tapping her feet as she waited for Euijoo.

"Are you and Euijoo dating already?" Nicholas asked out of the blue, making her startled.

Although she did notice the seriousness of his tone.

Chaeri looked at him and shook her head franticly. "No, no! We're just friends!"

His eyebrows raised in an instant, feeling glad to hear the answer. "Oh. Did Euijoo come to your dorm and bring you along with him?" He asked, wanting to make sure.

"Well, yeah. I was planning to buy some groceries with Yuma but Euijoo came so Yuma suggested going with him instead so he can look after the dorm." She shrugged then her eyes drifted to her basket on the floor. "Oh, I forgot to pay."

Chaeri got up and took the basket. She was about to go to the counter but Nicholas stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"I'll pay for you, just don't tell Euijoo." He begged.

She tilted her head, confused why she can't tell Euijoo about it. "Why not?"

"It's fine if you still want to tell him but I suggest don't." He gave her a small smile.

Chaeri sighed since he didn't tell her the exact answer but she eventually smiled back, it wasn't something necessary to tell Euijoo either.

"I didn't know Nicholas can be this charming," She teased him.

Nicholas straightened up his posture and fixed his clothes as he was beginning to act manly with a flirty vibe already radiating. "Well, I can be charming. Only with you though." He winked at her.

Chaeri's fetching smile broadened before chuckling at his flirty remark. "You're funny Nicholas," She shook her head.

It was that moment again when Nicholas first met her. Those weird and good feelings at the same time whenever she's around him. It was an unconventional love journey for him with something challenging on his way, Byeon Euijoo.

──────────────────────

author’s note :

y'all better not forget to stream the mvs 🧐‼️

vote, comment down your thoughts amd follow me for updates ! stay tune <3