Chapter 3 "Tween Journey"

Life went from okay to just great. Alexandria Raine Blackwood made her appearance and has now been taken in by the Howletts albeit Corbin's insistence. However, the days were bad, especially for Alex. She endured the worst from Logan's beatings and Jean's favoritism towards Laura and Daken. The only solace she found was in Corbin and Corbin only, the only boy who welcomed her. Caira, however, was the complete opposite and was more suspicious of Alex, especially after a couple of physical fights. However, admist the chaos of her hellish life, Alex found someone who would also be there for her.

His Name Was Dante.

Present Day, (Alex, Age 10. Caira and Corbin, Age 9.)

Third Person Point of View.

They stood there for what felt like centuries. Alex couldn't felt the feeling of warmth that rose within her as she hugged onto the boy who was being very kind to her. The boy who was named Dante. "Will I see you again soon?" Alex said with a small smile, one of the rare ones she would have.

Dante smiled a bit and nodded reassuringly toward her as he spoke words of kindness and compassion. "Yea, don't worry, I'll be here tomorrow. Maybe we can play by the swings? That's usually where I play the most."

Excitement coursed through Alex's veins for the first time, the first time where she felt genuinely happy. "Yea, that sounds like a plan!" Alex exclaimed with a bright smile, her feelings of loneliness and the sadness happening to her at home momentarily forgotten.

However, the happiness was short-lived when coming towards the two, was an angry boy who looked no older than ten years old. A boy Alex did not like and actually despised as he happened to be a tormentor of hers.

"Get away from her! She's MINE!" The blonde boy shouted shoving Dante back with an angry and fierce tone in his voices, his words carrying malice and hate within.

Shock ran through Dante as the pressue of the blonde boy's hands pushed him slightly back from Alex. Dante's brown eyes narrowed toward the boy as he clenched his fists. "Seriously, Lukas? Again with your foolish crap?!"

Alex's heart raced as her eyes darted between the two boys, worry for Dante consuming her as she watched the scuffle unfold. "Leave him alone, Lukas!"

The boy known as Lukas scoffed at her as he said. "He's trying to steal you away from me! You belong to me! I like you, not this loser!" He growled, glaring at Dante with his fists clenched, preparing to fight the dark-haired and tan-skinned boy.

Many of the other children began to look over and started to whisper, some snickering and some wondering if they should run and tattle to a teacher. "Oooh, Porter and Rivera are going to fight over little Miss Blackwood!" One of the 3rd grade boys snickered to their friend, finding the situation amusing.

"Who do you think will win? I've got five bucks on Rivera." Another child, a girl, whispered over to their own friend, both girls shrugging but contemplating what would happen next.

Amongst the crowd was Corbin and Caira with Desmond and Corbin's new friend Sheva Alomar. They had been on their way to get in line and wait for the teacher to take them to class when the chaos began to start. Corbin's eyes widened as he stepped forward only for Sheva to grab his arm and shake her head. "Cory, don't."

"But she's my sister! Someone has to help her!" Corbin exclaimed, his eyes filled with determination and pleading as he looked back at Alex who stood by Dante's side.

Caira felt a pang in her chest from those words but she remained composed and took a deep breath as she told Corbin, "Dante seems to be handling it. Alex will be fine."