dewdrops & daisies

Começar do início

"God, and the sweaters?" Neil put a hand to his heart "Kill me. Michelangelo would have loved him." he got that dreamlike look in his eyes, about halfway between scheming and daydreaming. 

"I've come to the conclusion that I should definitely buy sweaters that are much too big for me," (y/n) put her fist into her open palm, plotting "then he we can do sweater trades." Neil scoffed.

"Yeah, as if you don't have enough sweaters. Oh and plus, half of them are mine!" she batted her eyes at him, innocently. 

"Oh, Neil dearest whatever do you mean?" He rolled his kind, brown eyes but continued smiling anyways. However, something felt off. It didn't quite reach his eyes, as if something was bothering him. (y/n) frowned, and just let the silence hang in the air as the leaves crunched under their shoes. 

After a few minutes of watching Neil out of the corner of her eye, who was gnawing on his lip nervously, the girl lost it. 

"Alright, Neil," she stopped him, placing a hand on each of his tall shoulders, nearly standing on her tiptoes to do so. "what's wrong? You're energy is all off today." He shrugged, but didn't stay quiet. 

"Nothing, it's just the play," (y/n) nodded meditatively, perfectly content just letting him vent. That's all what friends were for, right? "(y/n), I really and truly am horrified of my father." Tears welled up in his eyes, causing the girl to sweep him up into her arms and her nestled his face into her shoulder. 

"Darling, he loves you," she began gently, as his shoulders shook gently "in the end, he's just one person out of billions of others. Live for yourself, please." 

Neil said nothing, instead choosing to stand and changed the subject. 

"I've got a big rehearsal today," he sniffled loudly "we're doing a full run of the show before the audience is there on Monday." The girl tenderly wiped his cheeks, casting him a reassuring smile. 

"Knock them dead, little warrior." was her accented reply.

They finished their walk in silence, simply enjoying the company of someone they loved deeply, liked a sibling they'd never truly have. (y/n) bade Neil goodbye with a kiss on the cheek as she left him to wake Todd, and went herself to get Meeks up for breakfast, which was served at 8:15 sharp. 

"Mmm," he groaned, rolling over and snuggling deeper into his blankets, a sleepy smile plastered on his face. "too early, it's a Saturday." (y/n) rolled her eyes, but her face was full of amusement. She grabbed his hand, ready to haul him up.

"Your lover needs her coffee," she pleaded "and you, loverboy, need sustenance. Come on!" He rose, only to stumbled into her and hug her. 

However, she was convinced he was already falling asleep, right as his head hit her shoulder. "You smell amazing." That same shit-eating grin she wore that day they danced without music was on full show now, as she kissed the side of his head and sat down on his bed. 

"Go on and get decent," she commanded playfully, since he'd slept without a shirt on. "I love a good scandal, but I love our breakfast dates more." 

And, lovingly, he obliged - only to stop while rifling through his wardrobe. "Wait a minute." He spun to face her, looking her up and down which raised a blush on her round cheeks. "That's my sweater." The girl pretended to be clueless, not that he failed to notice of course. A little blue 'M' was monogrammed into the upper left corner of the sweater, indicating that it was indeed - his sweater.