Chapter 13: Gwen Batterbie

En başından başla

Gwen Batterbie turned to face him. "Everything, Captain. I take everything."

Crow narrowed his eyes at her.

"So, do we have a deal?"

...

Jacob was still working on the boat while Maisie, (Y/n) and Blue sat inside it. Maisie had managed to get one of the fruits open perfectly with her knife, and tossed one half to Blue.

Jacob picked up the sack that contained their food, and everyone noticed that it was empty, and they all shared a look of concern.

...

Jacob, (Y/n), Maisie and Blue stood on Red's fin, and Jacob was holding a spear with a rope attached to it, and doing some stretches to warm himself up (And maybe impress (Y/n)).

Jacob held his spear over his head, and threw it at the school of fish that were swimming by them, but missed.

Jacob glanced at (Y/n) and Maisie who looked at him expectantly, and he just awkwardly cleared his throat. Jacob tried over and over again to catch some fish with his spear, but they kept dodging it, making Jacob grow more and more frustrated.

After another failed attempt, Jacob let out a frustrated yell. Red softly grunted, and Jacob turned to glare at her, as she looked at him with a bored expression.

"Yeah, well, you know, I'm uh...I'm used to a bigger target, alright?" Jacob excused.

(Y/n) gave him a sympathetic pat on the back for his efforts.

Red let out a soft snort, gaining their attention, and turned her body to start swimming in a circle, trapping a bunch of fish in that circle.

The three watched in awe, as fish started jumping out of the water, and Jacob sat down and watched Maisie and (Y/n) try to catch one.

One jumped near (Y/n), and she tried to catch it, but it flopped around too much, and she stumbled back, and fell into Jacob's lap. Jacob wrapped his arms around her to steady her, and they both shared a look, before bursting out laughing.

Another fish jumped out near them, and Maisie managed to catch it, at held it up triumphantly.

"Dinner time!"

...

A couple fish later, everyone was full and happy. Especially Blue, who was lying in the boat surrounded by fish bones, looking chubbier than usual.

Jacob was working on the boat, and watched as Blue rolled himself over and dragged his body out of the boat, and slid down Red's back.

Jacob looked at where Blue had gone, and noticed Maisie and (Y/n) continuing to pull out spears.

Jacob walked over to Maisie who was struggling to pull one spear out, and put his hands on it as well. Maisie looked up at him with surprise, but smiled, as they both pulled the spear out making Red growl softly.

Jacob held the spear in his hand, and turned it over to the see the symbol of the Inevitable on it. The symbol was of a fish, with two spears in the shape of an X behind it. He frowned at the spear and dropped it.