"Do you have the document with the projected results?" I say after awhile of reading.

"Yeah, one sec." The screen again to the facials campaign proposal.

A proposal that was set at 10 million USD that we successfully pulled off. Our little firm in Kingston.

I'm so happy.

I want 10 more of those projects before the end of the year. Cause best believe that 25% management fee will be looking sweet in our accounts.

"Alright, this add up. The results are fine. Please send this off as soon as possible." I say, closing my eyes as another wave of nausea over takes me.

——————-

"Hi beautiful." I cooed as I rocked a sleepy Giselle.

"Aunty is here baby. I know it's been a long wait." I say as she opened one eye to peak at me.

I chuckled at this.

"You're tricking aunty? You're not sleeping." I asked her as I continued to rock her.

I was sitting in her rocking chair while we had our little bonding time.

I arrived around two hours ago and I've been in here since I showered and had a snack.

"Aunty loves you pretty girl." I kissed her curly hair as she started to coo and yawn.

She's probably hungry.

"Are you hungry mamas? Do we need to go demand milk from the supplier?" I say in my baby voice and her eyes flew open at the mention of milk.

Look pon Fabian craven pickney. Then him couldn't deny this yah baby man.

"You want some milk mamas? Hmm? Call the titty unit?" I say before a loud laugh echoed at the door.

I looked over and saw a hysterical Shawntel who was shaking her head at me.

" Now tell me chile, who is the titty unit?" She says walking into the room.

"Nuh you miss. My niece needs milk." I say getting up from the rocking chair so she could sit. I handed over the baby and took a seat on the couch in the room.

It comfy and nice.

I watch Shawntel feed Gizzy and just smiled.

—————————

I woke up on the couch.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep though. I know I was exhausted from the flight but I really wanted to spend some time with my niece last night.

Sitting up I stretched and assessed myself for any discomfort.

Me sleep bad, so I know I pulled something while sleeping on this couch.

Surprisingly, nowhere hurt.

Looking around the nursery, I didn't see the baby so I assumed that her mother had her. I smiled at the thought. I'm really happy to be here, I've wanted to meet my niece for so long and it's finally happening.

Getting up from the couch, I walked into the guess bedroom to start my morning routine. I needed to brush my teeth and shower before I go looking for Shawntel and her baby.

Walking pass the bathroom mirror, something caught my eye.

I was fully naked and the reflection of my body gave me a scare. Why is there a curve in my tummy? Feeling my belly my heart lurched at how hard it felt.   I know what's there but I have been doing a good job of ignoring it.

If I don't acknowledge it, I won't feel any way when it's gone, right?

Right.

I walked away from the mirror quickly.

Cya deal with negativity suh soon.

Getting into the shower I placed my face under the spray. I needed something to mask my tears and this will have to do.

I miss him.

The closer it gets to our special day, is the more the thoughts of him plague me.

The bwoy really pack up him things and gone to fuck.

Mi shame! Shame a kill mi!

I had to laugh in the middle of my pain because nobody could a convince me seh this could a really happen. After Dan nuh mad?

Him gone left the dolly.

My life is a fucking joke.

Him not even fucking care if I'm alright or not. I'm blocked so I can't snoop on his social media and I don't see CJ or my brother post him either. I'm not sure if they know that he broke up with me, so I don't even want to message them and create any suspicions.

All the one Jacqueline.

Me and mommy still don't talk but I know she will take Anderson side so I'm scared to even call her. It don't make any sense. Our last conversation was pure fuckery and right now me a regret it.

All this thinking has given me a headache.

The people them son a stress me out.

Hate that for me.

The water in the pipes grew cold and I hissed loudly.

Look how me stand up in a the shower a bawl like them people deh in a show and done the hot water. All now nuh soap don't touch my body.

This cya go work.

Getting out of the shower, I silently judge myself for what I just did.

A nasty style that, but heat kill germs.

Or a that me a tell myself so I don't feel a way?

I was dressed and ready to take on my Aunty duties in less than 10 minutes. I planned to spend the entire day just doting on my niece.

With that thought in mind, I picked up my phone to put it on DND. However, I saw a text from Julian.

Julian✈️
Hi beautiful. I'm glad you landed safely. Please share pictures of your adventures. I can't wait to see your niece. ❤️

I quickly responded to him, and let him know that I'll be out of reach all day and I'll let him get the pictures later.

Putting my phone down, I walked out of the room calling for Shawntel.

At the Heir's Request 2 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें