Chapter 5: Meeting Maisie

Start bij het begin

"No one goes thirsty tonight, swabbies!"

The crowd cheered at Jacob's announcement, and everyone started walking to the nearest pub. Maisie followed after the crowd with a look of determination in her eyes.

...

Jacob threw the door to the pub open, and lead (Y/n) inside while the villagers poured in behind them, singing a song.

Crowd: "Captain Crow is our hero, he keeps the oceans clear."

Jacob sauntered up to the counter and threw a handful of money down on the counter.

Crowd: "He stabs and shoots and kills, and guts the monsters that we fear."

A small band played in the background, while mugs of ale were passed around the tavern to everyone.

Crowd: "He stabs and shoots and executes, with cannon lance and spear."

Several villagers and crew members gathered in the center of the pub, dancing and singing together.

Crowd: "Cuts off their horns, and no one mourns the monsters that we fear."

A waiter walked around with a tray of mugs and several people grabbed one as he walked by.

Jacob was one of these people, and he grabbed two instead of one. One for him, and one for (Y/n). He spotted the girl standing near him, and made his way over to her. She glanced over and saw him coming, holding two pitchers of ale, and he extended one out to her, but before she could take it, Jacob's arm was suddenly snagged by a random woman and he was pulled into the dance floor, dropping the drinks.

Crowd: "So sing the hunter's praises wherever men draw breath."

Jacob danced with the crowd, while glancing at (Y/n) who was trying not to laugh at him. Jacob smirked and narrowed his eyes, and danced his way over to her and snagged her wrist, pulling her towards him so they were chest to chest, and wrapped his arm around her lower back to trap her.

"Hello love. Care for a dance?" He asked cheekily.

"You haven't given me much of a choice." She playfully glared at him.

"Aye, that was the plan." He winked.

She rolled her eyes at him, but went along with it and the two danced with each other amongst the crowd.

Crowd: "For hunters live the greatest lives and die the greatest deaths!"

...

Outside the pub, Maisie was looking through the blurry windows, trying to spot the hunters.

...

Jacob sighed and sat down at a table, with a pouty expression on his face. He was a bit grumpy because (Y/n) was pulled away by some villagers and he no longer had her attention. He noticed that a few of the people she was talking to were males, and he felt the same feeling of jealousy crawling over him again.

He thought back to what Sarah had said about other men trying to court her, and he realized that she was right. He had to make his move now, before someone else did.