I - Agent Not Miss

///
part one - agent not miss
///

season 4 episode 2The Angle Maker///

season 4 episode 2
The Angle Maker
///

The day welcomes sunlight and reluctantly, awakes her. Most days, a new dawn annoys Ivy, with thoughts of why she couldn't just have five more minutes in bed. There are things she could do for more sleep, like going to bed earlier but instead, she stays with her eyes bet into a screen learning more about the world we all live in. Last night was no different, she poured a rather large glass of red wine and stared. Now, Ivy Auclair had to face the consequences of her actions and pull herself out of the firm mattress.

Her new apartment, located on the top floor of the apartment building and had a bird's eye view of the new city she called home. Ivy was used to moving and adapting, her homes usually lacked colour or personality because with that homie feel, the want to stay in one place can take over and right now, that was the last thing she needed. So no photos, the ones she valued most were kept out of sight. No heirlooms, not like she had any, to begin with. No birthday or congratulations on the new job cards, just black and white furniture and boxes. Mostly Ikea boxes, full of pieces yet to be put together. The only pieces she had built were her bed frame and bookshelf. Two things that to Ivy, made this an okay place to live.

Ivy slipped out of her room to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. Unlike her home's black and dark interior, Ivy took her coffee with milk and sugar, not black. She had allowed herself enough time to get ready for the day ahead, the new job and the questions. 'Where were you before this job?' or the 'What do you do in your spare time?'. Both questions need to have lies as answers. She poured her coffee into a large white mug, mixed sugar into it and returned to her bedroom.

She decided on a pair of fitted black trousers with a white button-up shirt. The summer air allowed for the lack of a jacket and for the top button of her shirt, that she had tucked into her trousers, to be undone. Ivy's hair was let free to flow down her back, her jet-black curtain bangs falling perfectly to frame her face. She wore very minimal jewellery, a small silver watch and a simple locket that clipped around her neck. As she walked out of the bedroom, she realized that she had to leave before she was late. Her black-red bottom heals were laid out by the door and she slipped them on before heading to the elevator.

Since moving in, she hadn't associated with anyone in the building. The advantage of living on the top floor was that she had no neighbours and no one to get to know. Noise from downstairs didn't matter to her. She had learned to sleep through just about anything. As she stood in the elevator, however, she realised that she had to respect the morning she had made herself.

She was free and thus, free to have a life.

Ivy wanted to have friends and planned, to form connections with those around her. She had earned the right to a life and she wanted to live it. Nobody could stop her from doing that anymore.