You're So Going On The Naughty List

Start from the beginning

"If you step out that door, you're an Avenger."

It made absolutely zero sense, but it was effective. Everyone turned towards her in confusion. A smile made its way onto Miguel's face as his eyes landed on his friend who was already helping in a way that he knew no one else could, and that's why he had asked her to come. It was probably for the best that she couldn't see Sam's face, as she was looking at her like any hope at uniting the dojos was lost.

"Hawkeye? Seriously?"

Finley turned her gaze to the beanstalk, pointing a finger at him. "The best Avenger and you know it."

"I mean, statistically ye-"

"Exactly." Finley interrupted him, finally spotting her segway. "And statistically, you guys have lost to Cobra Kai 100% of the time you have faced them as Miyagi-Do." Demetri opened his mouth to argue, but Finley gave him a pointed look. "The legos incident." She turned her head to look at Nate. "The car wash." Then to Sam. "The soccer game." Her eyes scanned everyone in the room. "No one is forgetting the laser tag fight. And Eagle Fangs," Her eyes briefly found Miguel's and he gave her a slight nod of his head. "The only reason you haven't lost against Cobra Kai yet is because you were too busy being them."

The room had fallen into an uncomfortable silence as they sat on her words. It was a decently well said speech, and Finley had no clue where it had come from. Apparently witnessing all sides of the karate war really had provided her with a unique perspective that she hadn't even realized she had. But now came the hard part, convincing them that working together was the solution.

"Now you can keep fighting with each other if you want, but that's exactly what Cobra Kai wants. They are training and getting stronger, while you guys are exhausting yourselves arguing over... actually, what are you bickering about?"

Everyone remained silent for a moment before Chris finally spoke from his spot beside Nate. "Look, even if we wanted to team up, it'd never work. I was in Cobra Kai. Their style mixes with ours like..."

He trailed off, trying to come up with an analogy. Finley stared at him, her brain slowly processing what he was actually saying. Nate meanwhile supplied an answer for Chris.

"Oil and vinegar?"

Chris started to open his mouth, whether to agree or disagree, Finley didn't know. Regardless, she cut him off.

"Wait, hold up. You guys are Miyagi-Do, and you guys are Eagle Fang." She gestured to each side respectively. "Where are you getting Cobra Kai from?"

Chris scoffed. "Who are you kidding? Eagle Fang is just a rebranded Cobra Kai."

Now Finley was understanding. "Chris what dojo did you first join?"

He stared at her in confusion for a moment before he slowly answered. "Cobra Kai."

"And what dojo do you belong to now?"

"Miyagi-Do."

She switched her gaze to Mitch, choosing him knowing that the boys had used to be friends. "And Mitch, what dojo did you first join."

"Cobra Kai." He said with a shrug.

"And what dojo do you belong to now?"

"Eagle Fang."

Demetri shook his head. "Finley, I see what you're trying to do, but it's not the same thing."

She arched an eyebrow at him. "And why not?"

"Because other than their name, everything is still the same! Johnny is still their Sensei and he's still teaching them the same things he was at Cobra Kai."