Part 2

Theo's POV

All I wanted to do was go home and spend the night with Scarlett. I mean it's not every night she is child-free, not to mention it's not often that we both have the night free at the same time in the same city. So it has become an unspoken rule that when we are both free and in the same place she ends up in my bed for a few hours, both of us finding each other the perfect form of stress release and comfort for a couple of blissful hours. Let me say this, after a night with Scarlett the world seems a whole lot calmer, even if it was just for a few hours before I got a phone call and the real world comes rushing back and shit gets real again. 

It started about a year ago, just after her divorce was finalised, her arsehole of an ex leaving her right after she had Cosmo. No matter how the press paints me I am no homewrecker, I hadn't even thought about her like that until the divorce. Ok, that is a lie, of course, I had thought about her like that, as Kat said we were a Marvel household and Natasha Romanoff was my first real crush, my gay awakening as some would put it, but I never ever planned on acting on my attraction. Plus what would the Scarlett Johansson want with the likes of me? Well, it turns out quite a lot.

We had been drinking at mine one night, something that had become fairly normal after her divorce when her mother would watch her kids, and one thing led to another and before we knew it I was waking up with her naked in my bed. At first, I freaked out, not wanting what I thought was a stupid drunken mistake, on her part, ruining our friendship, because it had been a long time since I made a friend and I didn't want to ruin my relationship with Scarlett. No matter how much I wished we could be more than just friends. But when it happened again and then again, the fear of it ruining us faded and it started to just feel right. Although neither of us ever spoke about what we were doing, an unspoken agreement that we avoid talking about this settled between us.

A huge part of me wanted Scarlett more than just once every few weeks, but I know she deserves more than I could ever give her. The fact that she is whiling to do whatever it is we are doing, is more than I ever expected. I actively avoid talking about what we are to each other out of fear of it all blowing up and her realising just how much better she could do than my pathetic arse. She is well out of my league and I am not ruining what we have by running my stupid mouth and blowing it all to shit. So instead I will happily settle for whatever this thing is between us.

Ray, my manager, has me in a vice when it comes to how my image is portrayed to the media. Convinced that it is my sex appeal that sells not my singing, and based on all the comments I heard growing up I wouldn't be surprised if he was right. So even if I wanted to act on how I felt about Scarlett I couldn't. Ray would sabotage it all if he got even a whiff of what was going on between Scarlett and me, I know that for sure. So if, and that is a massive if, I somehow tricked Scarlett into ever wanting more it would never last anyway, Ray would see to that and I can't risk him doing something to ruin her.

In all honesty, Scarlett is the only person I have been with, in the last five years. I had gone through a phase of sleeping around in my early twenties after a messy breakup, but what the tabloids fail to know is that all that stopped about six years ago. Ray had already seen to it that my image was becoming edger as he called it. So at the time, I thought I might as well do what the tabloids say I am, I mean if everyone thinks I'm doing it I might as well actually do it. But after a while it just made me feel empty and worthless so I stopped, just turning up for the press when Ray arranged it, before slipping home alone.

I want to tell Scarlett that she's the only one I have been with as of late, I want her to know she is the only one I want, that I'm not some whore like everyone thinks I am. God, what if she thinks I'm just some whore? I want her to know that she isn't just some girl in my bed, the idea of her thinking that actually hurts my heart. But Ray would have my ass if he found out I was in a relationship, especially if he found out it was with a woman. The man is possessive as heck and since I broke up with my boyfriend all those years ago he has assured me that I am not allowed to date right now. Apparently, it would damage my precious reputation.