ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴊᴏʏ'ꜱ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ

TW// Blood, Knife, Violence and Paranoia. This entire story is a trigger warning

"Kumiko, come on, we've got to get to the school." said Kumiko's mother, Genka Kunahito, the guidance counselor at Akademi High. Kumiko stood up from her seat, smoothing out her skirt and finished tying her hair up into braids.

"Do you remember your purpose for transferring? You are to make sure everyone is obeying the rules at all times. Do not tell anyone that, that is your purpose for being there. Do not, state that I am your mother. Do you understand?" her mother asked.

"Yes, mother." Kumiko tiredly responded, grabbing her school bag.

"And you are to report anything out of the ordinary to me. Now, let's go, we dont want to be late."

As they were walking, Kumiko saw two people her age walking together on the street. She looked at her mother, as if silently asking for permission to go over and talk to them. Her mother gave a stiff and curt nod, and Kumiko ran off to say hello.

The first person to notice her was a girl who's orange hair was in twin tails. "Taro, there's a weirdo running near us, I've never seen her around before"

"Shut up Osana, and please, please be polite." he responded, in a quiet voice, waving hello to Kumiko.

"Hello, I'm Kumiko Kun- Kumode, I am going to Akademi High this year."

"Hello, I'm Taro Yamada, and this is my best friend Osana Najimi." he said, making Osana nod. "Who was that you were with?" Osana said, Taro lightly hitting her for being nosy.

"Oh, that was just... I dont know actually" she said.

"You baka! You cant just walk with strange ladies. You're walking with us now" Osana said, and Taro laughed, making her shoot a death glare at him before he said "Oh, Osana, did you bring her under your wing? Are you a mom now?"

"What?! You absolute Baka, i don't care about her, i just met her. I just dont want to see on the news 'stupid akademi school girl gets kidnapped because she socializes with strange women' "

"Actually, that looked like the guidance counselor. Why were you with the guidance counselor?" Taro said, making Kumiko stop in her tracks and look at him. "Guidance... Counselor? What?"

"Oh- so you're new, new. The guidance counselor basically takes the role of an authority figure. Think, the chief of police. Now, multiply the intimidation x10 and then add her little spies." Osana explained, looking as if she may have gotten in trouble for something she deemed stupid recently

"Oh shut up Osana, don't scare her. The guidance counselor also helps you with personal life issues, like a therapist" Taro said.

As Taro and Osana argued, Kumiko saw a girl following them out of the corner of her eye, and took out her phone, acting as unsuspiciously as possible. Unfortunately, she forgot that she was walking with the two others. "Kumiko? What are you doing?"

"...nothing" she said, and Osana gave her a weird look, and grabbed her arm, showing her where the school entrance was.

Little did Osana know, they were being followed.

When Kumiko finally departed from the two others, she took a deep breath and walked to the bathroom to calm herself. There, she was greeted by a slap to the face, and then pushed to the wall. Before she could react with more than a gasp, a knife was pressed against her neck.

"I could kill you, right here and right now, new girl" said in a feminine, but insane tone of voice, digging their knife into her neck slightly, causing some blood to fall. "Wh- why?!" she shrieked, and the other person took the hood of their raincoat off and glared at her. "You were with my senpai. Stay away from him"

"Your.. Senpai? I've only talked to one boy, is it Taro? If you think im trying to date him, you've got me all wrong." she choked out, and the other girl's glare softened slightly, but then darkened again. "How do I know you arent just saving yourself."

"Easy, I'm gay." she said, smirking at the other girl. She immediately pocketed her knife and changed her demeanor. "Oh yes, that's great! Amazing, Gay people are saviours."

"...thanks? Now, i'd appriciate it if you let my arms go, before i change my mind about not reporting you." Kumiko said, her arms being released immediately, and then she asked "By the way, what's your name?"

"Ayano Aishi. Can i get a picture of you? Just to make sure i dont make the same mistake again"

"Yes, of course! That's fine." she said, sighing and posing for the picture. Ayano smiled unnaturally and walked away, phone in hand, smiling in an unsettling way as she sent the picture to a unknown number.

Once Kumiko was sure she was alone, she quickly tended to her neck, which was still leaking blood, leaving crusted and dry brownish-red streaks on her neck along with the new blood. She then put on a fabric choker she had found hin her purse, and went on her way, being stopped by a member of the student council.

"Kumiko?! What are you doing out here, class has started. Your mother will be very upset with you if she finds out you were late." a woman said sweetly. Kumiko glared at her and continued on her way, despite being angry, she was truly anxiously awaiting the outcome of her first day at school, praying that she wouldnt be pulled out of school, or even worse, disappointing her mother.

When she went and sat down in the classroom, the teacher gave her a laccid angry look, failing to really have any affect on her. "Sit down, and try not to be late next time Kumode-san"

As Kumiko studied during the class's free time, she had gotten a notification from an unknown number. She turned on her phone and promptly replied.

'Unknown- Hello Kumiko Kunahita

Kumiko- Im sorry, you must have the wrong person, that's not my surname.'

Kumiko turned her phone off in a nervous rush, and immediately got back to her studies, fear slightly consuming her.

'Unknown- I know who you are Kumiko. Dont be afraid, I am not messaging you to harm you. Your secret is safe with me.'

She shook her head and put her phone down again, and looked around the room, paranoid. "Kumiko? What's the matter?" said Osana, who had been sitting next to her. "Oh it's nothing, something just broke at home! I might have to skip lunch, everything is good dont worry about it, get back to your studies."

"Okay..." Osana said, a mix of worried and annoyed.

"It is okay Kumiko, do not be afraid."