Eddie Munson X Reader - Like I Can

Începe de la început

"It's fine," you interrupted, sitting cross-legged in the middle of your bed. "You don't have to like him. He's my date."

*Time Skip*

"So, Billy is right there at Centre circle and I've never seen a free throw like it. It goes straight in. Nothing but net. He's like a God or something," Pete told you, grinning wildly as you nodded along, completely out of your element. Hell, you'd never even watched a game of basketball before and his descriptions of game-changing scores were making no sense whatsoever. You hated to admit it, but Eddie had been right. You were bored out of your mind. 

"I'm going to get some punch," you uttered, offering him a half-hearted attempt at your normal smile. 

"I'll come with you-"

"No," you interrupted quickly. "It's fine. I've got to run to the restroom first, anyway," you pressed on, patting his elbow. "I'll come and find you when I'm done."

You had almost made it to the door of the hall when it had swung open and Eddie had come rushing in, his eyes darting around the room until they landed on you. And then, his wild-eyed expression had softened, a small smile pulling at his lips.

"Wow," he murmured. "You look really nice," he added, watching your brow furrow slightly.

"I thought you didn't want to come."

"I didn't," he uttered. "But then I was telling Jeff that you were here and that you were upset that I didn't want to come and he pointed out what an idiot I am," he murmured. "I never should've let you come here with Pete. I should've asked you to be my date."

A frustrated sigh slipped out of you. "You can't just show up here and-"

"He doesn't know you, Sweetheart. He doesn't know that you hate basketball. He doesn't know that you'd much rather sit and talk about Lord of the Rings for hours than ever sit through any sports game." He let shook his head slightly, still standing a couple of feet away and drawing way more attention to himself than you would've liked. "Hell, he didn't even know who you were until you got your braces off and your boobs came in-"

"Eddie," you cried out, your eyes widened in horror.

He shook his head again. "I loved you when you were still that awkward little thing that got embarrassed when a guy even looked at you. When you used to get all flustered whenever I called you pretty, but God, you were always so pretty."

He took another step towards you, his face all scrunched up in concentration as he looked down at you. 

"You don't get it, do you? I have been in love with you since day one," he bit out. "I know everything there is to know about; even the weird stuff that makes no sense. You think Pete's going to understand why you get all giddy every time you see one of those dumb Boglin things?"

"I-"

"Because they're ugly, but you love that about them. You think that they're so ugly that they become cute again. And you hate the Carebears because the texture of their fur makes your stomach turn. But you still keep Grumpybear on your bookshelf in your bedroom because I gave him to you for your birthday after you made me watch the movie with you and you couldn't bear to throw him away." He paused for a moment, pushing his hair back out of his face. "Because you're weird as all hell, but that's why I love you."

Your mouth opened and closed for a moment, searching for something to say. 

"You love me?"

Eddie let out a soft chuckle. "Of course, I love you. I've always loved you." 

You bit into your bottom lip, shifting on the spot. "You couldn't have told me this before I said yes to someone else?"

"I didn't realise you wanted me to ask-" he paused shaking his head. "I'm an idiot, Sweetheart, but you knew that already, didn't you?" A small smile pulled at his lips when you chuckled. "I should have told you sooner. And I'm sorry that I didn't. But I'm telling you now, okay?"

"Okay," you responded softly. "But you're a little underdressed," you murmured, reaching out to fiddle with the zipper of his leather jacket. "Pretty sure this is supposed to be a suit-"

"Take it easy on me, Sweetheart. I didn't have time for a wardrobe change," he teased, tapping you lightly on the chin to make you look up at him. "I love you."

Your tongue darted out to wet your lips. "I love you too."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x