Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 4: Behavior

Start from the beginning

Lin Chen was feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

After all, Xing Conglian's eyes are very good-looking, and his eyelashes are long because of natural racial advantage. And when he raised his head, Lin Chen could see the outline of his handsome bearded face.

Xing Conglian is indeed very handsome.

Lin Chen looked away and didn't answer.

Xing Conglian saw that he did not respond, and still persevered: "Then can you tell me, what kind of person would like to play with corpses?"

"A Psychopath." Lin Chen replied naturally.

"Of course it's a pervert, can you still do this without being perverted?" Xing Conglian knocked on the table.

"Psychopaths are people whose behaviour deviates from the norms recognized by society. So you must find the reason behind their behaviour." Probably because the slight alcohol attacked his nerves, Lin Chen explained to Xing Conglian: "There are about three reasons for their behaviour. The first is ritual, which represents a certain appeal. The second is hallucination, which is caused by the disordered neuron activity in the brain." Lin Chen paused as if considering the third possibility, "The third, and most elusive, is a link in the crime itself."

"What do you mean by the crime itself?"

Lin Chen looked into the distance, the chef poured down the fine side dishes in the oil pan, and the aroma was appetizing: "Maybe it's shredded potatoes, maybe it's green peppers, who knows what this dish is?"

His words were very obscure, but Xing Conglian seemed to have received some advice.

The police officer picked up his jacket and said, "Let's go, we're going to the hospital to have a look."

Fu Hao's reaction was very fast, Xing Conglian only took two steps, when he rushed up to hook his arms around Xing Conglian's neck, and shouted, "You want to escape again!"

"Teacher Fu, can you pay the bill? I really don't have money!"

"You have a black credit card in your wallet, do you think I don't know. It's the gold level of credit card, you bastard!"

"It was painted by the black marker!" Xing Conglian said innocently.

Xing Conglian was dragged back by Professor Fu, but when they returned to the table, Lin Chen was no longer around.

Fu Hao wanted to go to find him, but Xing Conglian held him down: "Old Fu, tell me honestly, who is that?"

"My brother!" Professor Fu replied rightly.

In short, asking this question is the same as not asking.

Xing Conglian also wanted to ask in-depth questions such as: why you have been rated as an associate professor, but your senior brother is working as a dormitory in an elementary school, or why your brother doesn't want to help to solve the case, etc.

But he didn't ask, after all, he would look like a gossiper if he asked too much.

Under Professor Fu's oppression, he finally paid for the crayfish.

The trees are shadowed, maybe a typhoon is coming. The climate is changing very fast, there is moist water in the air, and the rain seems to be falling.

Lin Chen went back to school, greeted the guard. As he moved to the door and opened it, his cell phone rang.

There was an unfamiliar number on the screen, Lin Chen glanced at the caller address, he hesitated for a moment to answer the call.