Chapter 11

Hope's POV:

I rang Tony on the way. He answered, "Tony?" I asked but only heard a faint high pitched ringing noise. "Tony, are you there? Hello?" I still got no answer though, so I hung up and called Rhodey. "Rhodey, I need you to go check up on Tony."

"What, why?" He asked.

I explained everything to him.

"What do you mean, he paid to have you two killed?" He was quite confused. "Hope, slow down. Why would Obadiah..." He trailed off when I interrupted him.

"He's been dealing under the table. He wants us out of the way so he gets control of the company."

"Okay, where's Tony now?" Rhodey asked.

"I don't know." I told him, extremely worried. "He's not answering his phone. Please go over to the house and make sure he's okay."

"Yeah." He answered.

"Thank you, Rhodey." I hung up and turned to Coulson. "I know a shortcut." We got in my car, me in the drivers seat, Coulson in the passenger seat and Pep in the back. Because it was me driving, I obviously sped the whole way there, ignoring every limit there was. We reached SI in record time. "Pepper, stay here." I demanded. She just nodded, knowing she couldn't win an argument with me over this. Coulson, four other agents and I went storming up to the door. I swiped my card to give us entry and led them to sector 16. Even though I knew my card wouldn't give us access, seen as Obadiah wouldn't allow the very people he wants to kill in, I still tried. I definitely wasn't surprised when it didn't work, though. "My key isn't working." I told Coulson.

One of the agents handed him something, "Stand back."

"No, it's okay, I've got this." I turned back to the door, "Di sara portus." (I don't know if that's how the spell is actually spelt, but I've no idea what it's supposed to be.)

Coulson looked at me shocked but ignored it and we went in. He went in front of me with his gun out in front of him and I just followed, ready to use my magic at any moment. Or even my werewolf-ness. We stopped by a suit. "Looks like you were right." Coulson noted. "He was building a suit."

"It's supposed to be bigger." I commented. Coulson and the other agents carried on searching but I turned around and noticed ripped wires, like something had been ripped off in a hurry. The chains behind me started moving. I looked closer at the wall, and eyes like Tony's suit lit up. Only problem is, the suit was a lot bigger than Tonys.

I screamed and ran away. I'd rather keep my energy by not doing spells for now, thanks so don't judge me. I ran back to the agents who started shooting it.

I ran past the agents and back outside. Pepper ran up to me. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know." I shook my head.

"Hope?" I heard Tony's voice come through the earpiece I had in.

"Oh my god." I sighed in relief. "Tony. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. How are you?" He asked. "The baby?"

I smiled slightly, "We're both fine. Don't worry about us. Obadiah's insane!"

"I know. Listen, you and Pepper need to get out of there." Tony urged.

I would've answered him but Obadiah crawled out of the floor and blocked mine and Peppers escape plan. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked all menacingly. "Your services are no longer required." He pointed one of the weapons at us and he nearly killed Pepper when Tony arrived.

"STANE!" He shouted, announcing his arrival to direct the attention away from Pepper and I.

Obadiah shot at Tony but the suit stopped the bullets from doing anything and Tony flew right at Obadiah, surprisingly sending them both flying out of our eyesight.