27. Baby.

Today was the day. My sister is about to give birth. I'm finally going to be an auntie.

I was at my shared apartment when i got the call about her waters breaking from my mum. "Y/N how quick can you get to the hospital?" My mum asked "what why what's happened is everything okay" i asked in a panic having no context for the call.
"Yeah yeah stop panicking Y/S/N has gone into labour" she replied with excitement laced in her voice. "okay oh my I'm leaving now, ill call joe as I'm on my way." I said before we said goodbyes and i quickly changed into some jeans and a T-shirt grabbing a small jacket and throwing on my converse before going to my car to leave.

I scrolled through my phone finding Joe's name in my contact before pressing call. It rang for a couple of seconds before his voice rang through my phone. "Miss me already sweetheart? I've only been gone 40 minutes" he said with a small laugh. "No, well yes i miss you as soon as you leave me but babe, Y/S/N's water has broke I'm on my way to the hospital now" i squealed. "Love that's amazing do you want me to meet you there" he asked, "only if you want to? You've only just left to go out with the lads it seems pretty important" i said, i heard a small sigh leave his lips. "Y/N, love, i can go out with the guys anytime you and my future family in law are so much more important to me. Give me 20 and ill see you soon babe" he replied causing a massive smile to form on my face. "Okay love ill see you soon" i replied before hanging up.

I arrived at the hospital waiting by the entrance for Joe who turned up not long after i had arrived. He pulled me into a hug pulling away to look at me. "Are you excited love" he asked with the biggest smile on his face. "So excited" i replied before pulling him in to place a small kiss on his lips. We pulled away walking into the hospital holding hands where we was met by my mum who engulfed us both in a massive hug. "I can't believe how quick this has come around" i said to her taking a seat in the waiting room. "I know i can't believe it. They have started the process so hopefully she wont be long" my mum replied.

After 3 more hours of waiting my sisters boyfriend came out to us in the waiting room. "Do you want to come and meet your granddaughter and niece?" He asked, different variations of yes were thrown about before we followed him down a couple of corridors finally arriving at the room, my mum walked in and i froze a little before entering the room. "Are you okay darling?" Joe asked placing his hand on the small of my back rubbing it in a comforting manner. "I just can't believe that in the room my baby sister has just brought my niece into the world" i said my eyes getting watery. "Let's go meet her then love" he said guiding me into the room, keeping his arm around me.

As soon as I walked into the room my emotions went crazy i felt tears running down my face while i still had the biggest smile on my face. This truly was a moment i never wanted to forget. "Oh my goodness" i said looking at my sister with my niece in her arms "how are you?" I asked her. "Surprisingly I'm good, i expected a lot worse" she said with a small smile on her face. I turned to look at Joe seeing him still closer to the door, i stuck my hand out to him which he grabbed so i pulled him closer, "look how cute she is" i said smiling up at him "way too cute" he gushed "congratulations to you both she's so adorable" he said with the biggest smile ever.

We had been in the room for half an hour, my mum held the baby first and now it was finally my turn. I took her into my arms holding her close, cooing as i held her. She was so tiny and had the cutest little face. Her clothes slightly too big for her because she was just that small. She truly was adorable I literally couldn't take my eyes off her. "You are the cutest little human I've ever laid my eyes on" i whispered to her rocking her in my arms. I was completely in my own little world with her.

Joe's POV

Looking at Y/N with her niece truly was the most perfect sight to see. I hope one day this is what my future is like. Y/N with our baby in her arms whispering sweet nothings to it. She truly would be the best mother, my heart ached for this future to be near. She truly would be the best mother. This made me so excited for the future. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.