"It's nothing," Taehyung says indifferently. He plops down on the grass. "Can we stay out here for a bit?" he requests.

"Of course," Seokjin complies, sitting beside him.

Taehyung plucks a strand of grass, playing with it in his fingers. "I'm doing alright, right?" he asks. Clarifying, he adds, "Making your parents believe that we're in love."

Seokjin looks down at his hands. "Yeah," he breathes out. "You're doing well." He's doing so well that it makes Seokjin's heart race at times, believing that his actions and words are real.

"But you don't have to do so much," Seokjin looks back at the alpha who's still playing with the grass in his hands, unbeknownst to his struggles.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung questions, turning his head in Seokjin's direction.

Seokjin wasn't expecting the question so he stammers out, "J-just that you don't have to overdo it."

Taehyung doesn't say anything. Then he extends his hand out toward Seokjin. "Give me your hand," he commands.

Shyly, Seokjin rests his hand on top of Taehyung's. "Have you ever introduced alphas to your parents?"

Seokjin's taken aback by the question. "No..." he replies, voice flat. His eyes widen as he feels something slip around his left ring finger.

Taehyung lets go of his hand, revealing a green band around Seokjin's finger. "Then there is no overdoing. I'm setting the standard as we go."

Pink tints Seokjin's cheeks at his words. Painfully, he has to remind himself that it's all just an act. Still so, his heart hums contentedly as he brings his hand up to examine the new jewelry.

The ring is woven of a piece of grass, some wheat, and one tiny single white flower.

———————————————————

Having Seokjin's parents around isn't as bad as Taehyung had expected. They're amiable and nice to him despite his initial unfriendly nature towards them.

It felt odd at first to have the house be full again but Taehyung's starting to get used to the multiple footsteps and voices. Seokjin also seems to like them around(not that he cares).

Taehyung wanted to laugh when Seokjin first requested their act of being a happily married couple, thinking that it must be a joke for something like that would be what you see in k-dramas and romantic novels.

Yet, Seokjin was not joking. He agreed, feeling like it was the right thing to do. A part of him also wanted to...see how a "relationship" would be like between them. Granted, he's never been in a relationship before so everything he's doing is just the first thing that comes to his mind.

The first day is over and Taehyung finds himself missing the comfort of the little house. Yet, Seokjin is to spend the night in his old bedroom(not wanting to look odd to Seokjin's parents).

"I'm sorry about all of this hassle," Seokjin apologizes.

"Don't be," Taehyung proceeds towards his voice. "It's not a big deal."

He stops as Seokjin puts a hand on his arm. "The bed is right here," Seokjin directs him, guiding him to his twin bed. He even helps Taehyung gets under the covers.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung questions like a panicked child. Realizing his tone, he pauses and regains himself. "Isn't it time for bed?"

"..It is," Seokjin replies in his soft voice that Taehyung has become familiar with. "I took out some blankets and laid them next to the bed to sleep on. If you need anything, I'll be right by your side."