25 - Confessions and Kisses

Começar do início

I quietly sneak out of the room and walk down to the common room.

The room is empty, which is honestly rather eerie. Its weird to see the common room empty, it just feels wrong, and kinda like I'm going to be murdered.

Yep, I've gone insane.

I'm taken away from my weird thoughts when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I turn around and smile when I see Remus - and thankfully not a murderer.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi." He responds.

We go sit down on the couch and sit in an awkward silence, neither of us looking at each other.

"Well, this conversation is going great." I mumble sarcastically, breaking the silence.

"Yep." Remus nods.

"So, what the hell are we going to do about us kissing?" I ask.

"I- I don't know," Remus says, seeming shocked by my bluntness. "But I do know that I really like you."

"I really like you too," I respond. "But this is terrifying. I mean, what if we decide to get together, but it doesn't work out and we end up breaking up and then things are awkward between us?"

"You're overthinking this just a little bit too much."

"But what if it happens?" I ask, tears forming in my eyes slightly. "I can't lose you, you're my best friend."

"Okay, I get that," He says softly, taking my hand. "But what if it does work out? Or why don't we just not let things be awkward if we do breakup?"

"Remus, it's us, we're awkward."

He chuckles. "Alright, fair point."

I take a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts and figure out what I want.

But it's clear in my mind what I want.

I want Remus.

I want to be with him.

I don't want to let my stupid fears and anxieties get in the way of that.

Screw it, I think to myself before kissing him.

He freezes up in shock for a second but quickly kisses me back.

Once we pull apart from the kiss we don't move much, our faces remain close together.

"So?" Remus mumbles, his face red - mine probably is too.

"I want to be with you." I say quietly and a huge smile appears on his face.

"I want to be with you too."

I kiss him again, this time he kisses back instantly.

"Well, that was nice." I mumble once we pull apart and Remus laughs quietly before pressing a small kiss to my cheek, which makes me smile widely.

"We probably should get to bed," He says. "It's late and we need to be up early tomorrow."

"Nah." I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Y/n," He laughs. "You need to go to bed."

"Nope." I cuddle closer to him.

"Y/n."

"But cuddles."

He chuckles but wraps his arms around me, tightly hugging me for a moment before letting go.

"Now go to bed." He says and I pout.

"Ugh, fine," I jokingly groan, standing up from the couch. "You're mean."