|⚔︎|-| V |-| IX & X |

•-| 🐺 |-•

- V | IX -
( The Dance of Dragons )

———

Aston lays in bed, his arms resting behind his head as he watched Daenerys getting ready in the distance. Today was a big day, a large showcase in the main fighting pit of Meereen will take place. Aston knew Daenerys was anxious about it, she hated having to watch men kill themselves for the entertainment of others. She knew about Aston's time as an enslaved fighter, she knew the horrors and harsh treatment they endured. But now, the fighters are free men, fighting for the glory of their Queen, her.

Aston gets out of bed and walks to the bathroom, he hugs her from behind, snaking his hands around her waist and resting his chin on the top of her head. He smirks as she rolls her eyes. Dany turns around and notices the deep cut on his chest is completely healed and sealed up, the only thing there is a scar. Daenerys holds his red stone necklace in her palm, she lightly squeezes it. She's grateful for the necklace as it helped save him. This was the first time she saw the necklace in action, she thought Aston was joking before. But once the attack happened she surely prayed it would work... and it did.

ASTON: "Now you believe me?"

DAENERYS: "Who said I didn't before?"

ASTON: "Well, you didn't verbally say it but your face showed me."

DAENERYS: "I'm definitely glad you weren't joking... we're all glad and grateful, Aston."

ASTON: "I know love, so am I."

The couple kiss and stay in each other's embrace.

DAENERYS: "You need to get dressed, love."

ASTON: "Ugh, I don't want to."

DAENERYS: "Come on, baby. We have to get going."

ASTON: "Fine!"

He stomps to the wardrobe to get dressed causing Dany to giggle at him.

———

Aston, Yuri, Ivar, Astrid and Daario are standing behind Daenerys with Missandei and Syra (who's holding Eddrick) to her left, an empty seat to her right and Tyrion sitting to the right of the empty chair. Aston stands behind the two main chairs with Ivar and Astrid on his left behind Missandei and Syra and with Yuri and Daario behind Tyrion. Frost sits by Daenerys' between her and Missandei, Dany lightly scratches her head from time to time. The crowd of the grand fighting pit cheer loudly in anticipation of a great show ahead of them. Targaryen flags wave in the crowd.

ASTON: "The atmosphere here never wavers."

DAARIO: "It must be strange for you to watch the fight instead of participate in them now."

ASTON: "Yeah, it fills different... I used to come here to fight for my life and my former master's fortune. Now I'm here watching the fights as the Lord Commander of The Queen of Meereen."

DAARIO: "Don't forget, "baby daddy"."

The two men burst out laughing.