𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , the bathtub

Comincia dall'inizio

"The bad men are coming!"

"Bad men."  Mike's eyes widened in realization. "Bad men!" Mike shoved the walkie-talkie back to Kennedy, who still sat at the table with Eleven. "Stay here."

Kennedy shook her head. "Um, hell no?" She said as she stood up. She placed the radio on the table and turned to Eleven. "You, stay here." Kennedy turned and ran up the stairs with Dustin and Mike close behind her.

The three of them ran into the living room, looking out the window. Kennedy's face paled as she saw the HAWKINS POWER AND LIGHT van outside of their house. "What's that guy doing?" Asked the Wheeler. Kennedy's eyes never left the window.

"You don't think," Dustin trailed off before Mike ran to the kitchen. The Henderson looked over at Kennedy. "Um, I don't like that look on your face."

The auburn-haired girl swallowed the lump in her throat. "Dustin, those were the vans in my house." She whispered. Dustin's eyes were wide as he looked back out. They watched as three, if not more vans came driving down the street. Kennedy and Dustin grabbed the curtains, swinging them shut. "We gotta go."

Mike Wheeler was arguing with Karen. The Henderson and the Theroux came stumbling in. "Mike!" Dustin shouted.

"One second," Mike held up a finger.

"MIKE!"

Everyone looked over at Kennedy and Dustin. "Kenny?" Karen said in confusion. As far as Karen knew, Kennedy was missing.

Kennedy's hazel eyes were wide as she looked at the youngest Wheeler. She didn't have time to explain what she was doing here. "We need to leave. Like, right now," She huffed to Mike. Dustin ran past her and Kennedy waved the boy along.

"Michael!" Karen shouted as Mike ran.

"If anyone asks where I am, I've left the country!" Mike retorted before running off.

Kennedy looked over, smiling awkwardly. "I'll take care of him!" She said before running after the two boys. Dustin and Mike slid on their jackets and grabbed their bags. Kennedy grabbed a random jacket and slid it on.

"Nancy's bike is still out here!" Mike called as he opened the back door. Kennedy and the three pre-teens ran out, grabbing their bikes and running off.

If you told Kennedy six days ago she'd be doing this, she wouldn't believe you. How was it already Saturday? Tomorrow would be the one-week anniversary of Will getting taken. She wished she could think of a better word choice.

They climbed on the bikes in front of the street. Kennedy and Eleven looked down to see a familiar group of men walking in their direction. Dr. Brenner, or, as Eleven knew him, Papa. Kennedy narrowed her eyes, and Eleven pursed her lips.

"Is that them?" Dustin called out.

"Go." Kennedy said as she sat on the bike. "Go! Go! Go!" She shouted as Mike and Dustin began to pedal. The men began to climb into their vans, speeding down the street.

Kennedy pedaled quickly, but she had to stay slow. Apparently, with her new werewolf-like powers, she could pedal very fast. So, to keep up with the kids, she tried to stay slow. Eleven clutched onto Mike tightly. Kennedy could hear a sound, causing her to look at Dustin.

She could hear Lucas on Dustin's headset. "Dustin! Do you copy!"

"Yeah, Lucas. They're on us!"

"Where are you?"

"Cornwallis!"

"Meet me at Elm and Cherry!"