In The Probinsya

Warning: Hindi organized kaya medyo magulo. Random thought ko lang habang nakaupo sa may balcony.

--

It is one twenty-three in the afternoon. The sun has gone slightly to the west. Air is blasting through the uncaged electric fan, placed up in a wooden small table. It can’t quite focus. Therefore Sheen can only conclude, maybe it's front frame has something to do with it. And with it gone, it's like the air is going in every direction, but mostly of course, to the front, where she is comfortably lying on a wooden long chair.

Her right leg slightly over her left, she was facing the said machine. Her hair strands kept on flying, and she also kept on putting it on place. Trying and trying until she got tired of doing so.

Finally, sleepiness crept into her system. Was it the sound of birds of the probinsya? The silence of the place? Or maybe it was just really perfectly hot that it made her want to sleep?

These things also exist in her municipality. The original place she lived in for more than ten years. What it does not have, however, is the annoying sound of her younger brother Gab's mouth.

Their semester just ended, and she's about to be third year. She was so stressed that not even eating can relieve the unbelievable amount of it inside her head. So her mother thought of bringing her in the mountains of her birthplace, Tantangan. She is here, somehow well-rested from the stress the digital world gifted her, annoyed because of her father, and also missing Gab.

True, it was nice not hearing Gab's voice around, but it could’ve been better compared to her nagging father who starts his sermon at 2 am. Am I even resting? She thought.

Her physical body, maybe. But her mind gets tired of hearing the same words from her father who she rarely meets. Their relationship is like the usual nowadays. Ever since she stepped up to high school, he has had too much expectations to her and she couldn't meet them. Thus, their messy relationship.

Whenever they're together, fight ensues. He keeps on talking, she doesn't listen. She would speak, and he would not want to hear any of it, because he can’t accept anyone else's opinion but his.

She can't stand it anymore. So she was here, in the lovely, open-spaced, giant balcony of her Tito Charles' house. Tito Charles was her mother's youngest brother, it was the side she loved more. Not that she doesn’t love the other. Actually her cousins on the patriarch side are actually alright, just not the adults. They're hella annoying.

A wind swept, urging her now heavy eyelids to surrender. She closed her eyes, finally succumbing to the comfort she needed for today.