xi

• third person •

"...Ugh..."

"Are you awake? (Y/N)!"

(Y/N)'s eyes closed tighter, her teeth gritting together as her whole body felt numb.

"(Y/N)..."

"Hm..?" She let out a soft whine. She felt terrible.

"Are you okay? Open your eyes for me."

Finally, she did so. Instantly, she was met with a familiar small face, his face ridden with worry. A frown immediately tugged at her lips.

Diluc's chest fell in a large sigh of relief. (Y/N)'s eyebrows raised when he pulled her into his arms, clutching her tightly but not tight enough to hurt her.

"Never do that again," he mumbled.

(Y/N) snuggled into his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Diluc shook his head. "I'm just glad you're alive."

"I told you I'd wake up," (Y/N) teased with a giggle.

Speaking of waking up... where... have I woken up..? I'm in a bed... Is this a tent..? Th–

"Diluc!" (Y/N) whisper-shouted. He raised his head from his hold on her. "There– there's a person- by the other bed-!"

With a sigh, Diluc stood straight. (Y/N)'s pupils shook at the figure who was sitting calmly, just staring at the couple in amusement.

"I know. She saved your life. That person... that person is 'G'."

(Y/N)'s hands began to tremor. "H-huh?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss (Y/N)."

(Y/N)'s gaze shot back towards Diluc, standing at her bedside. He stared at the floor in silence.

Her eyebrows furrowed. Suddenly, she gripped the bedsheets beneath her.

"What do you want with me? I'm here now!" she exclaimed. "Give the antidote to the people of Mondstadt!"

'G' simply chuckled. Her eyebrows raised for a moment, before returning to their original sly position.

"What's so funny?!" (Y/N) yelled. The candlelight flickered beside her. "Answer me!"

"(Y/N), calm down..."

"Why should I calm down?!" (Y/N) jerked up, pushing Diluc off when he attempted to keep her down. "Look at her smug face! This bitch hurt Kaeya, she hurt my friends and Mondstadt; what do you want?!"

"(Y/N), you're going to–"

(Y/N) winced, her head falling. Her teeth gritted as a sharp pain rang from her side, spreading throughout her entire body. Her vision blurred.

"Careful." 'G' giggled. (Y/N)'s eyes glowered upon her, trying her best to ignore the pain. "You've opened up your wound again."

"Can you fucking answer me," (Y/N) muttered through clenched teeth. "Who the fuck are you?!"

Diluc stood in silence. He understood (Y/N)'s anger, therefore decided not to intervene.

The figure at the other bedside stood, that sickening smile plastered upon her face. Blood began to seep through the gown (Y/N) seemed to be wearing now, dampening the white cloth where she clutched it. Her eyesight fell hazy for a moment.

"How about we make a friendly exchange," 'G' suggested with a smirk. "I heal your wound, and you allow us to have a nice, friendly adult-like chat between the three of us, hm?"