Everything happened so quickly, yet nothing seemed to make sense- Draco, your own brother is a Death Eater and was sent to kill Dumbledore. You knew your parents were into some pretty shady stuff, but this... you couldn't fathom that this was the secret they had been keeping.

Honestly, you felt a huge wave of relief after witnessing that he couldn't go through with it. But that definitely did not wash out all the betrayal you were ached with.

And Professor Severus Snape, your potions teacher, murdered the head master. When you and other students would joke about him being evil, you meant in a sense that the homework he gave you was agony- you never in a million years thought that he would cause you any real pain.

Frozen. In shock, in pain? Either or, you couldn't bring yourself to avenge Dumbledore and you didn't. There you stood watching the damage unfold, witnessing the morbid reality of what used to be your safe place.

Harry was mortified just as you were and of course no one could blame him. The two of you were comforted by Hermione and Ron as best as they could.

But it just hurt too much.

You hadn't yet talked to Draco (he had left with the Death Eaters) and he wasn't aware you saw him at the Astronomy Tower- you didn't have the heart to tell him just yet. Maybe it wasn't true? You needed more evidence, and more evidence is exactly what you would get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 2:43 in the morning and you had been tossing and turning for hours. Hermione and the rest of your dorm-mates were fast asleep: so you decided now was better than ever to go snooping around.

As the your feet grazed cold wood floor, a shiver was sent down your spine. So, you slid on your night gown and slippers and made your way out your dorm room.

Tiptoeing in the shadows of the castle, you made your way through the common room and whispered the password to the fat lady. After about five more minutes wandering, you arrived.

Dumbledore's office.

You crept in, being mindful of the creaks in the floorboards and began respectfully looking around.

You opened drawers, searched through cupboards and read many files until you came across an envelopes completely covered in wax with your name on it.

How curious.

You pried it open with your chewed finger nails (the stress had become far too much to handle).

Out flew a golden letter that read

'For Y/N Malfoy and Harry Potter only,

Children, or should I now say young adults- you really have matured since our first encounters- this is urgent.

I can only imagine I am no longer with you for one of you to find this letter, if this has happened, read on, if not- you are both in for detentions for invasion of your headmaster's privacy.'

The letter revealed more of its shining ink

'Now, the both of you must look in the hidden cupboard compartment underneath my rug and the two of you will find a vial locked and labelled for the two of you'

The letter now flew towards the rug so, you lifted it and sure enough, there was a compartment with the vial- there was no way it would open though.

Just as you wondered how to unlock it, the locks crushed open leaving the vial ready.

'Once the vial is presented with your scent it will automatically make itself accessible.

Now, I need the both of you to use my penseive and find out what you should have known many moons ago.

Sincerely, Dumbledore'

You needed to find Harry- now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harry, Harry wake up!" You whispered to him- trying not to wake Ron.

"Wot?" He snored.

Oops too late.

"Ron, help me wake Harry- Dumbledore saved something for us and it's really important!"

"Y/n? What are you doing!" Scolded Hermione standing by the doorframe, bushy-haired and all.

"'Mione- I didn't think you'd be up." You sheepishly replied

"We'll come on then, what are we waiting for?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four of you arrived at Dumbledore's office as Harry explained to you how penseives work.

Hermione and Ron stood back- extremely close together, in hindsight, they seemed to be holding hands.

That was besides the point! Harry put your hand in his as the both of you held your breaths and dunked your heads into the unknown.