Chapter three: Ramshackle

Crowley closed the book he had looked in, "Nothing, as I thought."
The two had been in the library for what seemed like hours. The teen girl closed her own book he had picked up. She did not recognize the geography or mythology of this place. It was like she was in a different world altogether. Her fuzzy memories caused her to draw a blank on where her home could be.
"Your homeland is not listed on any map in any Era of history. Are you sure you came from such a place, are you not lying to me?," the headmage asked, "Because the only explanation is that you are from an entirely different planet, or even more, dimension!"
"One thing that has been drilled into my family is to be honest.," Hoshi replied.
"Please, show me everything you brought here with you.," the man said.
"The only thing I have is this mask. All I know is that it was given to me by an important family member.," the platinum blonde teen replied, "I think I remember I dropped my purse when the carriage got me."
The headmage looked disappointed.
"This a tricky situation. I cannot have someone who has no magic talent in this academy, let alone a young woman. An all boys academy is not the safest place for you, especially one that is isolated on an island.," the dark green haired man, "Yet I also cannot expel you, a minor without any money or legal guardian to care for you. Oh! But I am so generous!"

'I don't have a good feeling about this.,' Hoshi thought to herself.
"Ah, there is a vacant Building on campus that you can stay in. It was one of the original dorms a long time ago,", Crowley explained, "Cleaned up, it would be habitable. I give you permission to live there out of the kindness of my heart. I shall research ways to send you home during your stay."
The man seemed to be happy with himself, more out of pride in this appearance than actual care. Hoshi wondered if he was really good hearted or if he was part of the ones who kidnapped her and stole most of her memories.
"Come, come. I'll show you to your dorm, it has personality to spare!," Crowley smiled under his mask.
He led the young woman into the cold night, leading her to a building that certainly did have personality. The personality of an elderly person about to keel over.
"This may be a little too much personality.," the masked girl commented and looked to her fellow masked person.
"Yes, isn't it wonderful? Go on, go inside. There we go.," the corvid masked man said and picked her in.
The lounge was a mess. Cobwebs, dust and furniture were strewn everywhere. There was certainly a lot of work to be done.
"Looks like it needs some Tlc as well, Crowley.," the young woman spoke.
"At least it will keep the elements at bay. I'll return to research, you can try to find a way to busy yourself in the time being.," the masked man said, "But don't wander the campus! It's too dangerous for you! Bye~"
The crow like man left the teen girl alone. She looked around, noting that the area was like a snowscape, only having dust instead of snow. There was not clean place to sit. She was alone. With a heavy sigh, she took off her mask, letting it rest on the side of her head instead of her face. The cool air on her face was a little foreign to her. How long had she been wearing masks again? She did not recall. But it felt like she needed to keep it on.

'It's my curse. I cannot let anyone see my face, my eyes especially.," the teen girl thought and heard a patter on the roof. She walked to the window to look outside. It had begun to rain. She heard a voice screaming about the rain a familiar voice.
"What?!," the girl jumped back as a grey furry mass jumped at her.
"Your face is priceless!," Grim laughed, "Like someone got hit with a water ballon! You fools didn't take into account how clever I am! I snuck right back in!"
This little beast was certainly dead set on getting into this school. The furry animal stopped and looked at the girl.
"Wait a second, your face is different than before.," the beast said, "Ack! You're a girl!"
Hoshi quickly put her mask back on and hid her chest. She had taken off the robe that made her look more like a boy, leaving only the form hugging shirt beneath it on.
"S-so what? You keep on trying to get in! What's so important about getting into this school?!", The young woman asked.
"It's not obvious? I'm a prodigy that's destined to become one of the greatest mages in the world!," the animal explained, "So I kept waiting and waiting for that carriage to come for me....but it never came. Stupid mirror doesn't know talent when it is standing before it!"
Hoshi shook a pillow of dust and Sat down. The feeling of the adrenaline wearing off was grinding away her energy. Grim hopped up onto the other pillow she shook out for him and patted.
"I came here myself to show that I can! Humans don't understand what a loss it is to not let me in!," the fuzzy creature boasted. He puffed up his chest. The teen girl saw the pitchfork like growth on his tail and wondered if it was normal for his kind. Water dripped onto them from cracks in the ceiling.