FOUR: LARUSSO

SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY

Last night when dad got taken over to the cops I stayed at the Diaz's apartment because the cops had the keys to the apartment. I didn't tell the cops he was my dad but I did tell them that I was a bystander so I wouldn't be sent to a girls home because I had a so called 'unfit' father.

Me and Miguel sat anxiously outside, but when we saw my Dads car pull up we both stood up in a rush and walked over to his car which he was now getting out of.

"Hey, I just wanted to say thank you." Miguel spoke

"All Right, well you said it. Come on Lorelai inside." Dad spoke while nudging me .
"So, last night, was that, like, Tae Kwon Do or jujitsu or MMA or something?" Miguel asked

"It's karate." Johnny stated
"Old-school karate."

"Do you think you could teach me?" Miguel asked

"Oh my god. Yes! Me too please Dad! Just like how Uncle Bobby used to teach me when I was little! I still remember some moves. Like his famous side kick" I exclaimed excitedly

"What? No." Dad snapped
"Come on. When school starts, those guys will make my life miserable." Miguel begged

"It's true their total asshats" I said sticking up for Miguel

"It's not my problem." Johnny responded
"Look, if I just knew a little bit of what you knew, then I would be- -"

"Forget it. I don't do karate anymore, all right? You know that Lorelai. Besides, I need to find a job."

"Oh I didn't know that a karate teacher wasn't a job." I spoke with sarcasm

"Exactly, you could open your own karate school." Miguel says

"It's called a dojo." Me and my dad said in unison
"You could open your own dojo." Miguel repeated

"Look, I'm not getting into this with you. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to be around kids right now."
Not allowed to be around kids? What about me?

"All right, you two want my advice? Stop being so annoying. Maybe you'll stop getting your ass kicked" Johnny remarked

"Wait a second I don't get my ass kicked" I spoke with confusion
"Good for you nerd" Dad spoke while walking inside

When we get inside, there's a woman on our couch.

"You got Encore?" She asks

"Who the hell are you?" We both ask in unison
Then the voice we both dread the most comes from the kitchen.

"You know those little red stickers that say 'further reduced'? That means spoiled. You know that, right? You're eating bad meat, boy." Sid boomed with his little annoying voice

"What the hell are doing in my apartment, Sid?" Dad asks while shooing me off to my room.

I shut my door and sighed. I could still hear their voices going back in forward so I grabbed my old walkman that I had stolen from my dad and I put in my the queen is dead tape. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes in attempt to have a small nap.

SKIP TILL LATER THAT NIGHT

I sat on the floor besides my father, he was watching some sad air force show while I was crocheting a jumper. I had gotten Miguel's moms measurements and promised to make her a jumper since she let me stay the night, she insisted on paying me but I refused.

Dad was drinking, of course. He must of been real drunk since he was really getting into the speech thing,leaning in and all.
But then....

"Banzai! Daniel LaRusso here from LaRusso Auto, bringing you special on all of our inventory." Dad looked pissed.While I tried my best not to laugh. He tried changing the channel but it didn't work

"We have an excess of Jeep Grand Cherokees priced to go.Get a lease for only. Nah make that...Chop! Yes, we are chopping prices on all of our Hondas, Nissans,Acura's, and Audis. Hyah! So come visit any of our locations in Tarzana, Woodland Hills,North Hollywood or Sherman Oaks. And as always, every customer leaves with their very own bonsai tree. LaRusso Group. We kick the competition" Dad then shattered the tv screen with a beer bottle.
I giggle then stand up.

"Night Dad." I say while walking towards my room.

Dad then gets up and unlocks his car. Shit!

" Dad you can't be driving!" I trembled with fear.
He ignores me and starts driving away. Shit! Shit! Shit!

I slow my breathing down and anxiously walk back to my room. I sit down worried.

THE NEXT DAY

"Come on kid wake up." I heard my Dads voice say. He was shaking me.
"Oh look who made it back alive." I groggily said  He rolled his eyes at me.

"Come on get dressed we're getting a cab."

"To where?" I ask

He hands me a sheet of paper which as a LaRusso auto business card pinned to the corner.
I laugh then start getting ready.

We catch the cab there then head inside. Dads wearing sunglasses in order to hide his identity.
"You look good in those glasses" I say to him while smiling widely
"Shut up"
"I'm not joking!"

We then start to walk through the place, but we are stopped by a man in a suit.
"How you doing sir? Would you be interested in- -"

"No" Dad shouts at him.
"Aggressive" I muttered and giggle

We then walk towards a small desk with a lady sitting behind it.

"Hi, welcome to LaRusso. How may I help you?"

"Hi, I just need to pick up my car." Dad whispers while handed her the scrunched up paper
"I'm in a bit of a hurry."

"Oh, this came in last night? It's gonna be at least a couple week, but we'll call you with an estimate."

"No no no, my car was not supposed to come here. I want it towed to a different body shop." Dad whispers

"Why?" She asks with a smile
"We have the number one service team in The Valley. We beat all prices. We kick the competition" She spoke while smiling.
I lean my head on my Dad. I was so tired.

"Yeah yeah, I've heard it a million times. I just prefer to do my business elsewhere."

The man behind us then said he was going to get Mr. LaRusso. This panicked Johnny.

"Can you hurry it up? I gotta go."
"Hold on."

"Um, it says your car is in one of our intake lots.I'll just figure out which one" She shrugs with a smile

"You know what? I'll come back tomorrow." He says racing off.
I follow behind him.

"Johnny?" Oh shit.

Dad stops in his tracks, as do I. We both then turn to look at the one and only Daniel LaRusso.

"Johnny Lawrence! I... I... I knew it was you! Holy... How the hell are you?" I try my very best not to burst out laughing when Daniel goes in for a hug.

"Hey, man."

"Oh my god, look at you. You got yourself a daughter. You really are a Lawrence huh?" Daniel asks with a smile.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask
"I'm just saying you look like the female version of your father." I slowly nod.

"And you still got those golden locks, eh? God, this is crazy. How you been?"Daniel asks my dad

"Great, man. Thanks, I've been great."

"That's great."

TO BE CONTINUED

ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, eli moskowitzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें