The Wheels Are Turning

Magsimula sa umpisa

Go Eun was staring, paralyzed.

Jo Yeong gaped for a moment before he realized the consequences.

Prince Min Ho was about to kill Park Hae Soo. And no matter what, under the law, under all government officials, the prince was a bad man. He would be sentenced to death for murdering the Left Councillor.

Around them, the twelve guards of Hae Soo were fighting the six guards of Min Ho.

Jo Yeong jumped at his master, trying his best to pull him away from Hae Soo.

"My Lord, you must not kill him!"

Hae Soo was whimpering in a strangled sound, writhing underneath Min Ho, pinned to the bed and got Go Eun's dagger stabbed deeper into his back

Jo Yeong managed to pull Min Ho's body but he threw Jo Yeong away and continued to strangle Hae Soo until the councilor's face turned blue.

"My Lord! There's still the queen! The Queen Park! If you kill him now, she'll make sure you'll be sentenced to death!"

"Stand back, Yeong-ah! I swear this bastard's life will end now!" he vowed, strangling harder.

Hae Soo fought but the wound on his back made him weak and he couldn't do anything more than pushing Min Ho weakly.

Sung Kyung ignored everything else and grabbed Go Eun's body, half-dragging, half-carrying her to a chair, far from the fight.

The princess was sobbing and trembling, the whole understanding of what she just went through was overwhelming.

Hae Soo was gasping already and Jo Yeong knew he was an inch from death, so he used all his strength to pull Min Ho's hands away.

"LET ME KILL HIM NOW!!!" Min Ho bellowed, running to reach the bed again.

"MY LORD! YOU'LL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH! YOU CAN'T KILL HIM! THERE IS STILL THE QUEEN!"

"HE RAPED MY WIFE, YOU LUNATIC! WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?"

"YOURS! I HAVE VOWED TO PROTECT YOU, MY LORD! EVEN FROM YOURSELF!"

Hae Soo's guards took their master's body from the bed. He was still alive though he's in pain and was blue in the face.

"HE'S ESCAPING! HE MUST DIE NOW!"

"He'll die in your palace, My Lord! The queen will create a trial and you will be sentenced to death!" Jo Yeong said, holding Min Ho's body while signaling another guard to help him.

Min Ho's guards were winning, killing eight of Hae Soo's guards, but the four guards ran away with the councilor.

"CATCH HIM! CATCH HIM AND KILL HIM!"

The six guards chased Hae Soo, but apparently, he had twenty four guards at the ready, ordered to attack if he had to escape. Min Ho's guards were outnumbered but the enemy didn't try to kill them. Once Hae Soo was far enough, they all ran away.

Meanwhile, Min Ho swore he would kill Jo Yeong too.

"Please. You have to understand. If you kill Park Hae Soo-ssi here, all of the Park clan's people will conspire to make you lose in the trial and you'll be dead. The Ministry of Justice is on his side and even the emperor will not be able to help you!"

"HE RAPED GO EUN, YOU IDIOT!"

"Shouldn't you see her now? She needs you, My Lord!" Jo Yeong used his last card, knowing that one would work.

Fury turned into immediate concern and Min Ho finally ran to Go Eun's side, instantly forgetting Jo Yeong.

She was crying in Sung Kyung's arms, and he told her to go, before he held his wife with concern.