The Reflection of Sunlight

The very much requested (and the very long-awaited) part 2 of 'Moonlight in the Mirror'. This took forever to make a part 2, sorry bout that, but it's here now! I hope it's alright, enjoy reading! (Btw i added stuff to part 1 so you might wanna check it out)

"Life is a being of endless torment and shadow"
For years that was all I was led to believe
"Life only tolerates the warriors who show no mercy"
"The warriors who bathe in the blood of their victims"
"The warriors who stop at nothing to achive their goals"
I was a follower of life's foolish facade
It was all I had ever known
But recent years have changed that
Everything I had known was all a lie
And I faced the consequences
I had endeavoured to change, to become better in order to be tolerated
I showed mercy, I swam for their praise, I did everything I could
It was never enough, and I was willing to give up
But then I realised that Life had remorse
It led me to you
Your blue eyes were oceans of understanding and I couldn't bare to lose you
I couldn't bare to see you live a tortured life, not with a gentle heart like yours
From the moment we first met, I vowed to pour every last drop of my energy into helping you so that maybe
Just maybe
You'd share your heart with me too

— ❊ —

Whatever tears were left in his eyes had now run dry. Damian was resting on his side, his eyes down to the ground. It had seemed like forever since he woke up. How long ago did Grayson come to check up on him? He said he would get the others, but all he could hear was silence. Maybe he lied. None of them cared about him anyway, he's just a small drop of water in this ocean called home.

Damian sighed as he pushed himself up into a sitting position. There weren't many things that he could do that wouldn't result in great pain, so he settled on staring at the ceiling. Then he heard the door shift a little. Damian turned to face the person, but there was no person to be seen. Instead, a furry friend jumped onto the bed. Damian's eyes softened at the sight of his pet.

"Hello, Alfred." Damian greeted the cat. He ran his fingers through Alfred's fur, scratching under the cat's chin. Alfred purred as he rubbed his face against Damian's. The boy felt a slight warmth in his stomach before turning to look back outside. The sun's light wasn't as blinding now, Damian presumed it was past midday, not really like he cared anyway.

Alfred the cat had jumped off, leaving as quickly as he came. Damian sighed and looked over at his bedside table, taking the paper and pencil that rested on top of it. The pencil aimlessly drew lines, Damian had no particular goal. Yet, the image on his paper was that of the magical limbo, the lake that he so longed to return to, to see her again.

The sound of someone opening his bedroom door could be heard, Damian hid the sheet of paper under his blanket. He didn't turn around this time, he kept his full attention on the window. "Damian." He still didn't look, but the person sat on the bed, which caught his attention.

"Cass?" Damian asked once he had turned around. His older sister sat on the foot of the bed, looking over at the machine he was tied to. Cassandra said nothing, only looking at him, reading him. Then she found what she was looking for.

"We... care for you." She spoke, at last, putting her hand on his shoulder. His older sister brushed some of his hair out of his face. "You are stronger than they think." She rested her forehead on his, Damian closed his eyes to feel the sliver of comfort his sister provided. When she pulled away, Cass looked as if she wanted to see his reaction but someone called for her. Damian could tell that she was hesitant to leave after only arriving so quickly, but she stood up anyway.