7. Time

[Hunter's POV]

I just don't know why. I am so happy to see him again. What is this feeling?

Is this what friendship feels like? Or is it more then that? Why does it feel so good?

Even though it felt like only a few seconds, the bell already starts to ring, announcing the end of the lesson.

While I watch all the students leave their classrooms, hoping that a specific human won't find me, I wait for Edric to return. It only took a few seconds and I already see Edric walking towards me, even though a girl seems to follow him. She looks like him, same green hair, face and freckle.

"Sorry for the wait, Hunter." He apologizes while the girl beside him keeps staring at me. "This is my twin sister Emira. Emira, Hunter, the one I met at the convention yesterday."She keeps looking at me and
just when I want to ask her why she's staring at me like that, a bright smirk appears on her face.

"You are cute, are you single?" Completely startled and confused by her words I tilt my head a little only to see a bright red Edric turning me around and then pushing me away from Emira.

"Aaaalright, ignore her!! How about lunch??" I hear him ask behind me. Still pretty confused about what just happened, I nod a little and he pushes me faster.

"Great, let's go!!!"

{At lunch}

"Wait, so you really once set up a bunch of fireworks inside the teachers room?? How are you still on this school? How hasn't anyone died yet???" I ask, not believing what he has told me. He really loves pranks, that's for sure.

He seems to enjoy my reaction since he's just laughing, almosy falling off the bench and chocking on his food. "I haf no clu!!!" He says under his laughter, still dying.

I just watch him laugh and I can't help myself. His laughing is contagious. So, I chuckle quietly and
shortly afterwards laugh with him.

We calmed down after a couple minutes and he takes  an apple of his plate. "Well, enough about me, tell me something about you."

I place down the cup I've drank some water from and I look at him suprised. "Me?" I say, confused. What's there to say about me. Beside from my position as the Golden Guard. "Well..." I keep thinking.

"What do you like to do? Or what do you do at home?" He asks me, apparently trying to help me out.

"Well...I like to be of help for my uncle. And help him with various quests he gives me."
I say, earning a strange glance of Edric.

"Nonono, what YOU like to do. Like something you do for yourself or to have fun." He says, looking at me intensely.

Have I said something wrong? What's wrong with wanting to be of help for uncle?

"Well...I like to study wild magic..." I say quietly, as if of being scared my uncle could hear.

"That's it!!" He says with sparkling eyes. "Tell me something about wild magic!!" He says, causing my eyes to wide a little.

"W-Wait you really want to know about wild magic??" I ask him, now just as excitedly as him.

"Of course! Come on, tell me something, I'm all ears!" He says, still smiling at me.

I can't believe I can finally take to someone about
it. I could never talk about wild magic to anyone, especially not inside the Emperor's coven.

So excited to finally talk to someone about wild magic, I start to talk about all kind of things, while Edric sits across from me, listening to everything I brabble about.

{Some hours later}

Right now we're leaving the school building. Once I noticed that Edric skipped his whole classes I felt incredibly bad and asked him why he didn't stop me.

His answer was: "School isn't that important. I'd rather listen to you. It makes you happy."

And he was right, it did make me happy. It made me so incredible happy.

So as we're right now leaving school, I sit down on my staff and look at him. "I have to go now. But I would love to see you again." I smile slightly as I see him nodding, agreeing.

"Yes, me too..."

"I don't really know when I will have the chance to see you...but we can make up times and places we can meet up. And if I suddenly can't come, l will send Flapjack to our meet up point to notify you." As I said that I notice his kind of strange expression.

"Hunter, can I ask you something?" He says, sounding incredibly serious.

"Of course." I answer, surprised by the sudden interest.

"Beside the scar on your face, you have many scars on your arms. I'm sure there are even more of those.
If you aren't going to school, then what are you doing to keep you so busy and eventually even hurt you like that?" He asks, once again in a serious tone. "You don't have to answer. But if you want to tell me, I'd prefer the truth. Nothing else."

I keep looking at him, now just as serious as he is. I would...kind of like to tell him. To let him now at least a little about me. To stop lying. But...

"I'm sorry, Edric. It's really personal..." I say, now avoiding his glance.

After a while I hear a silent sigh. "Alright. It's okay. When can I see you again?" He asks, now smiling again.

"How about... At the Lake Lacuna? In two days at dawn time?" I say, still avoiding his glance.

"Sounds perfect." I hear him say, sounding just like before. With that soft voice of his. As if he has never asked.

"Alright...thank you for today." I say before simply flying off on my staff.