Part 3: Childhood

Start bij het begin

- Lucy: Aww how cute!  As a child I liked to do these things a lot.

- Gru: I was more into building rockets, as I told you... my mother wasn't very aware of me.

-Lucy: Yeah...-She said looking away-

- Gru: And what else did you like to do when you were little?

Lucy:...

~ An awkward silence began.  Lucy always avoided talking about her childhood.  For some reason, in all this time of their relationship, she didn't want to tell, so Gru avoided the subject.  ~

- Gru: I know you always avoid it, but I don't know anything about your childhood..

-Lucy: I know ..-she says sighing-

- Gru: Is it for something?

-Lucy: Argh .. yes ..-she said looking down-

- Gru: You don't need to tell me if it makes you feel uncomfortable..

- Lucy: Actually, I have to face that trauma..

~ Lucy settles down and sits down.  That's when she starts telling her past life.~

- Lucy: Gru.. I was always a happy girl.  I lived happily, in a simple house, with my parents... my parents were Emily and Jayden Wilde, they were LAV agents, they were super good and I always appreciated them... My life was almost perfect with them, I hardly had any friends because they didn't want to get together with me but I was too innocent to see it so I always handled it very well..

Until once, being only 10 years old, I had the surprise that they did not come home.  I was waiting, but I never saw them again... I remember how my uncle came to pick me up at night and I didn't know what was happening... until he explained to me that they had left, he didn't tell me why... I went to the funeral , I was heartbroken, I wasn't hungry, I didn't feel like anything, I was crying my eyes out .. from that moment, the happy Lucy had disappeared .. I only remembered how the last time I saw them, they told me they would return in the night and that they loved me.  They left me alone, they knew I was mature enough to be, but I really couldn't bear this loss.

I had to live those years with my uncle and my grandparents, until I became independent at the age of 20.  I had already overcome everything, I thought so, because just when I was going to leave, I found a newspaper in a drawer.  It was about the death of my parents.  They were killed by a villain... just seeing it, my eyes filled with tears... "A villain murdered my parents?!"  I said... I wanted to investigate the case at all costs, I was looking for information about the villain and everything, but I decided to talk to Sailas personally, he was the head of the League and I knew he might know... and so it was, I called him on the phone and recognizing that I was a Wilde, he invited me to his little apartment.  That's where he invited me to a coffee, while he told me everything he knew about them... I, all determined, told him that I wanted to become an agent, and after many years, they admitted me... that's how it was... - She told everything while a tear slid down her cheek.  -

-Gru: Oh god, I didn't expect that... I'm so sorry-He says while he hugs her to calm her down.  -

- Lucy: That's why I try to be the best possible mother...

- Gru: And you are, honey... our baby is going to be lucky to have a mother like you.  - He said smiling-

- Lucy: And to a father as incredible as you... thank you Gru and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before...

- Gru: Everything is fine... I can understand that you have a trauma with that... but don't worry, everything is safe with me.

-Lucy: Thank you Gru-She said planting a kiss on his cheek before getting up-

- Lucy: Are we going to look for Dru and the girls?  We can take a walk before eating!

- Gru: I think it's perfect.

~ Gru and Lucy come down the hill and take a walk holding hands.  There they went to the lake and found Dru taking photos, Agnes looking with Margo at the different birds and Edith throwing stones into the water.  They happily greeted the couple and went for a walk around the lake together.  Once they got hungry, they went up the hill and had lunch.  At the end of lunch, Gru showed Lucy the sweets that he would have bought her.  ~

- Lucy: Aww really you still keep remembering that these are my favorites?  - She said with a big smile-

- Gru: I remember it perfectly from one of our first dates.

~ Hours passed, they had already explored the entire park, Gru and Lucy were waiting on the hill for the girls with Dru, because they wanted to take one last walk, but Gru's face turned into a frown when he saw Edith.
Edith was completely soaked.~

- Gru: I'll leave the girls for 15 minutes and what?

- Edith: I just wanted to catch a fish but I fell. - She said looking at the ground. -

- Gru: Argh, I don't want you to catch a cold..

~ They returned to Gru's car as soon as possible, there edith was able to grab some towels to dry off.  ~

- Edith: Yuck, I stink like a lake, can we hurry up?  I need to take a bath now..

~ Gru already went to the house and in a jiffy they arrived.  Edith quickly took a bath while Gru gathered up and put everything in place.  Hours passed and it was already 9 at night, Gru and Lucy were saying good night to everyone.  The girls said goodbye to Lucy with a big hug and the last congratulations.  Their mission accomplished, they went to their rooms.  ~

- Lucy: Thank you for this great day, sweetheart, it has been a beautiful detail on your part.  -She said smiling as she lay down.

- Gru: You deserved it... Besides, this is your first mother's day and we wanted to celebrate it in a way that would make it unforgettable..

- Lucy: Aww you are all prettier!

- Gru: Next year we will have another or another member to help us with everything... hehe

- Lucy: Hehe right... well, I know it's very soon, I've only been a few weeks, but what sex do you think the baby will be?

- Gru: Wow, I don't know... although I don't care either, I'll love it whether it's a boy or a girl.

Lucy: Same thing.  This is all very exciting, right?  Time also goes very fast.

- Gru: Better tell me when months have passed.

- Lucy: Haha yes.  I want you to know that meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me. - she says yawning.  -

- Gru: I know, darling, and I think the same... and well, it's better that we sleep, I see you sleepy and I have an intuition that tomorrow we will have to work...

- Lucy: Oh sure, it's late.  Sweet dream honey.  -She said before kissing her and snuggling into his chest.  -

Gru: Good evening. - He said as he wrapped his arms around Lucy and fell into a deep sleep. -

Well, another chapter finished!  I hope you like it, I know this is very simple and without drawings (try to compensate with more words), but the real action will come soon 👀!

I hope you liked it!