7

Roseanne paced around in the new apartment, it smelled fresh and clean - her furniture had been transported a few days earlier and she had hired people to get the place done. In the meantime she had stayed with her mother Clare.

It had been nice seeing her mom for a few days, to be taken cared of - fed and tucked in. Her mother had always been a very caring and loving mom - and it never mattered how old she got - Roseanne still got the same treatment when she visited her, every time.

Well, when the grandkids where there they usually got all the attention but it only made her heart warm. Clare was a great grandmother to them.

It had been two months since she finally decided to move, after many conversations with her kids and them assuring her it sounded exciting she gathered her courage and made the call. It felt right, Roseanne felt like she could breath easier here.

She needed to get away from Lisa, she was suffocating every time she saw her - even by just hearing her name. If she was ever gonna be able to move on - she had to distance herself from all the old memories she was holding onto.

"You're gonna be okay" Roseanne mumbled to herself as she looked at her new view, she was gonna have to get used to not seeing the city everyday - but she always liked the nature - it was gonna be refreshing and different.

That's what she needed.

***

"Why are you picking us up today?" Lucy asked in the car as Lisa had just picked them up from school.

"Don't you remember sweetie, you're spending an extra week with me" Lisa reminded her. 

"Because mom is moving?" Lucy already knew the answer to that. 

"Yes, it was a bit stressful for her this week and you guys have to stay in this school for two more weeks" 

"I won't see mommie for two weeks?" Lucy counted on her fingers. 

"She still has to pick some things up from here, so you will see her" Lisa informed her, she was sure Roseanne wanted to see them once she drove down here. 

"I miss her" Lucy pouted. 

"Aren't you excited to see your new rooms? And meet some new friends?" Lisa tried to distract her. 

"Mom sent me some pictures" Levi smiled. "It looks really cool and my room is finally bigger than Lucy's" 

"That's awesome" Lisa smiled, she had never doubted that Roseanne wouldn't give it all on their new rooms. 

"There is a basketball team at that school as well" Levi continued. "Their clothes will match better with my shoes" 

"Yeah it was terrible here" Lisa teased him. "And guys, did you know that Irene is making you're favorite dinner as we speak?" 

"Lasagna?" Levi said excited. 

"Is it mom, is it Lasagna?" Lucy shouted from her seat. 

"Yes, so we better hurry home so she doesn't eat all of it" Lisa chuckled - the kids had never spent three weeks with her, she wanted to make it as normal as possible - but some bribing didn't hurt right?

***

"Roseanne freaking Park!" Marcus Jones greeted her with a big smile. "Never in a million years did I believe I could make you transfer here" 

"It's great to see you" She smiled and offered him an hug, he was an old mentor that she still looked up to. He had been there for her plenty of times and she had him to thank for her brilliant career.