2 Year Anniversary Special

The following was transcribed from live footage. 

Transcriber ID: M01CH1_S_BAMB0O

Date: April 27th, 2022

The camera slowly focuses on a dark room. 

A spotlight flickers on, illuminating a girl, face hidden under the shadows of her hair.

"Welcome," she says, perhaps a little ominously. "It is time." 

"I  thought we agreed we would skip the dramatics." 

The girl falters and turns to look at someone outside the camera's view. "The dramatics are what makes it GOOD."

"Yeah, but they make you take forever to get to the point," the voice says. 

The girl waves a hand, exasperated, turning back to the camera. 

"Anyways, Zoey I'm making you read all of this after even though you deleted your account and aren't obligated to," she says. 

"Why would you have to make me read it? I want to read it--"

"I'M BEING DRAMATIC! Oh my goodness, okay, let's just cut to the main show. I present to you, the Two-Year Anniversary of Le Panda Day!"

🌿❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉🌿\

 ゚+..。*゚+ 𝖅𝖔𝖊𝖞, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆 𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓

I'm back from the dead! How are you all? I'm well. It's le panda day! But not just any le panda day it's the two year anniversary. Holy crap that went by fast. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around for every le panda day. This is a little holiday that I started with one of my best friends now, and I believe that I have le panda day to thank for keeping in touch (despite my lack of presence). The great Sunny has been running le panda day on her own, so I would just like to give her an internet round of applause. 

We started this holiday to properly honor a panda profile picture Grace (grxceful-ly) had and it was something silly, small, and loved by those who did it. 

Personally, I think a lot about where people find value in life, and whether or not things inherently have value or if it is up to us to be little meaning fairies (spreading value wherever we go). This happens I'm fandoms, school clubs, friendships, online holidays, where a group of people or one person decides that something ordinary is in fact capital V Valuable. 

 It's silly and small and beautiful. 

I don't know what le panda day looks like now, you may not even get this until the day after le panda day because I procrastinated (seriously I apologize there is no excuse here). It is okay to be silly but it's not okay to be thoughtless. I was thoughtless and I'm sorry. Le panda is in part about pandas but at it's little pixelated core, is a group of people typing and emoji-ing into existence a place for people to get excited, invested, make art, connect, and choose to add value. That is a pretty awesome thing for our little corner of the internet. I hope you had a good le panda day, stay le panda!

🌿❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉🌿

One of the most precious and amazing parts of le panda day is...

The art!

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝕷𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆 𝕬𝖗𝖙𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖐...