➛⠀𝟬𝟳 | 𝗦𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗬

Começar do início

Nico walked towards you and grabbed your shoulder and Karolina's hand. Tina remained motionless until she noticed you and Nico departing with your friends. "(Y/n)!" Tina called out.

Nico turned around to face you after you came to a halt. Tina let out a shaky sigh. "Are you sure you don't want to know where Wanda is? Or know what your powers truly are?"

Tina awaited your response, expecting that you would turn around and return to her or Robert. You instead shook your head and turned away. Molly needed a dry towel, so you grabbed one for her. "I can find ways to find Wanda. I don't need your help." You continued walking and followed Nico.

Robert locked his gaze on his two daughters as they walked out of the house. "How could you, Tina?" He asked in astonishment and disappointment before walking away to get back inside the house.

"I didn't think she would take it," Tina replied breathlessly.

When Robert observed Karolina's abandoned bracelet, he came to a halt and grabbed it up before returning his gaze to his wife. "We know what you did with the staff... what it did to you." Robert reminded. "Wonder what happens with it in the hands of a volatile 16-year-old."

You, Molly, Nico, and Karolina had finally left the house and were returning to the underground mansion on foot. While Karolina gazed at Nico, who was still holding the staff, you wrapped Molly in a towel and she whispered a short thank you. "You should hide it," Karolina suggested. "It might draw unwanted attention out here."

Nico hid the staff and nodded. "Yeah. We better hurry up."

Molly yawned and shook her head. "I'm zonked, guys. Just need to sit for a second." She announced before sitting at the side of the street and you followed her. Molly smiled as she looked at you. "Can I use your thighs as a pillow? Just for a moment?"

"Oh, um, sure." You replied. Molly wrapped the towel around herself even tighter and leaned her damp hair against your thighs. To give her more warmth, you wrapped your arm over her.

Nico planted her hands on her hips until she noticed something was missing on Karolina's wrist. "Wait." She told Karolina. "You're not wearing your bracelet." Karolina glanced down at her bare wrist. "And you're not glowing."

Karolina shrugged. "Yeah, I don't need it anymore. I can power up and down without it."

You smiled at Karolina. "That's amazing, Karolina." You commented.

Nico softly gasped and cracked a smile. "Wow. That's impressive." Her smile was short-lived, though, as she remembered what had happened earlier. "Too bad you didn't show that level of talent just now with my mom."

Karolina stared at Nico in confusion while you looked away, knowing what was about to happen: an argument. "Wait, are you blaming me for what happened back there?" Karolina asked, startled that she had been blamed by her own girlfriend.

Nico shook her head. "No. I'm just saying, you can't turn your back on a threat."

"I did that to save Molly."

"But you didn't. It was (Y/n) who did and I got my mom to drop the spell of hurting my sister."

"Oh, if you're gonna be pissed, be pissed at your homicidal maniac of a mother," Karolina argued. "All I ever did was everything that you asked, and I had your back."

"Okay, I'm just saying, we all need to do better—train harder, learn how to fight as a team—" Nico tried to explain but Karolina interrupted her. "No, that wasn't what you were saying. And by the way, it wouldn't make a difference anyway. We could train for months." Karolina told Nico. "We're not superheroes, okay? We aren't good at this."

Karolina locked her gaze on Nico for another moment before shaking her head. "I'm sorry I let you down." She walked away, leaving you, Nico, and Molly to fend for yourselves. You returned your gaze to your sister, who was still contemplating what Karolina had just said. Nico turned to face you, making you flinch. "Please don't be mad at me." You pleaded with a frown.

"I'm not."

You cracked a smile. "All that matters is that we got the Staff and..." You fixed your gaze on Karolina, who was already a long way away. "...you have some apologizing to do later with your girlfriend."

Nico sighed heavily and sat down with you. "Do you agree with her?"

"I'd say 50/50."

"Oh, wow. You don't fully support your own sister?"

You stifled a laugh before shaking your head. "I meant that you and Karolina made interesting points. It just turned out to be an argument instead of, well, a discussion."

Nico groaned as she dropped her head to her palms. "How can Alex even lead this team when I can't even keep all of you together."

"Hey." You placed your hand on Nico's shoulder. "Don't beat yourself up, Nico."

"It was supposed to be you to be the one to guide or lead us since Alex made you his co-leader."

You chuckled. "I don't know what was on his mind but I am not a leader-type of a member. I'm more of obeying instructions." You thought for a moment. "I think?"

Nico stifled a laugh. "Come on. We still need to head back to the mansion and let Molly sleep there.

You moved Molly to Nico and stood up, leaving Nico confused. "I'll get us some food at a nearby convenience store." You informed. "I'll meet you back at the Hostel."