Ch. 2

~A/N~

I suck at writing stupid Knuckles, and Sticks in general, so don't expect to see much of either haha.
Maybe smarter Knuckles, who can be a goofball at times.
I'm not sure.
Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'd been living with Amy for a few days at this point.

She seemed to enjoy your company, despite you being confused about most things.

Somehow though, you knew how to clean, which she seemed to thoroughly appreciate.

You made no messes in her home, though whether that was politeness, or the strange feeling of fear you felt at the mere thought of dirtying something, you weren't sure.

Both?

There'd been no progress with your memory, remembering nothing, and Amy, deciding that any name was better than none, named you 'Bun'.

Not very creative, but it worked.

It was better than 'you there'.

"Bun, think you could help me with the dishes?" Amy asked, and as always, you were quick to help.

You were quiet as you washed each dish to a sparkling state, even as Amy went on about various things.

You listened intently, not wanting to appear rude, despite some of the subjects not being your cup of tea.

Speaking of tea.

Amy spoke up once all the dishes had been done, seemingly excited and held up a small box.

"I bought this super cute tea today! Sakura tea." You took a look at the pink box, it reminding you of Amy, given the colour.

"We should try it." She continued, and you simply agreed.

The tea was brewed, and you had a taste.

It was... slightly salty, with a hint of plum.

Overall, not bad.

You laid in bed that night, Amy long since having gone to bed.

You couldn't sleep. Or maybe you didn't want to?

Staring into the dark, you felt... anxious.

You didn't like the dark.

But... turning yourself towards the sleeping Amy, you quietly sat up.

You couldn't stay here. Ever since you'd arrived, you'd felt... off.

Like you weren't supposed to be there.

They were all friendly and made you feel welcome, but... this wasn't where you were supposed to be.

Quietly sighing, you slipped out of bed, and, without making a sound, you silently apologised to the pink hedgehog who had basically taken you in, and made your way outside.

You... hadn't really thought this through.

You had no flashlight or any light of any sort.

Still, you couldn't stay here.

Taking careful steps, you made your way to actual land, the moon illuminating your path as you walked.

A full moon.

It eased you slightly, feeling as if the moon was on your side, helping you find where you needed to be.

You felt... alone.

And, well, you were.

You'd gotten so used to the company of 'Team Sonic', that it felt odd to not have them nearby.

Ack, what didn't feel odd?

You shook it off, continuing on your path, holding on to your pink dress that Amy had so graciously bought for you.

It was slightly cold that night, the ocean breeze sending shivers down your spine.

Even with the moon lighting up your way, you'd no idea where to go.

Biting the inside of your cheek, you continued going nowhere in particular, following the beach, going away from any civilization.

With no idea how long you'd walked for, you eventually sat yourself down on the soft sand, eyes on the moon.

You felt... more at ease than earlier, yet not.

Something was still off, and you stared at the moon, as if begging for an answer.

"Bun?" The voice brought you back to reality, and you jumped in response.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." You turned to your right, surprised to see Sonic, able to make him out in the moonlight.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" He asked, and you hesitated to answer.

You were too far to just be 'going for a walk', and you both knew it.

Hugging your knees, you sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just felt as if I was being a nuisance..." You admitted, though Sonic seemed to blow it off.

"Pfft. Amy's been raving about you ever since you got here. You're anything but. C'mon, let's go back. I'm sure she'll be worried if she sees you're not there." He said, watching you as you seemed to mull over his words.

She hadn't shown any signs you were annoying her. Perhaps Sonic was right?

Still, there was that nagging feeling that you didn't belong.

Were you being selfish?

You were putting your own unfounded feelings first.

Staring into your hands, you took a minute to decide, before standing yourself up and dusting the sand off your dress.

"Okay." Much to your surprise, Sonic took you into his arms and ran off, barely giving you any time to process what had just happened.

Silent through the entire run home, various thoughts raced through your mind.

You just hoped your memories would return soon...

You wanted to ask Sonic what he was doing out there in the first place, though found yourself unable to.

Instead, you parted ways without many words exchanged between you, and you returned to Amy's house.

Thankfully, she was still asleep when you did, and you slipped back into bed, vowing to never tell anyone else of your little trip.

Hopefully, Sonic wouldn't either.

You hadn't directly asked him not to, but you could hope, right?

A silent sigh escaped your lips, and you wondered if you'd even be able to fall asleep with all those thoughts racing through your mind.

Who you were.

Fears of never regaining your memory.

The kindness the group had shown you.

And how you almost threw that in their face by disappearing into the night.

Nuzzling with the blanket over you, you closed your eyes and prayed sleep would take over soon.