Chapter 33 - Seed of Wind and Time

Xiao's POV

 We woke up quite early. The sun had yet to rise and we were already flying to our destination.

 "Sorry for waking you up so early, Xiao Xiao. If it wasn't for the fact that we cant' enter after sunrise, I would have let you sleep some more." Venti petted my head as we flew.

 I really don't mind though. I think he forgot that I don't actually need to sleep this much. I haven't even done anything difficult this whole week, just sleeping for a few hours would have been more than enough.

 "Here we are." I heard his voice above me as we landed.

 It seems like I got a little too absorbed in my thoughts to pay attention to where we were going. Where are we anyway?

 I looked around. The place we landed looked like a small inhabited island. A long time ago, some kind of structure probably stood here, but all that remains now were ruins.

 "This place looks rather horrible," Venti commented as he observed the surroundings.

 "This is why I told her to cast a barrier not only on the sundial but also on the island." He continued.

 Sundial?

 After a few seconds, I finally caught sight of the only intact thing on the island. Well, intact is a little too much to say, although it was whole, it still looked like it could fall apart at any moment. Did it really have a barrier canst on it?

 "Won't this fall apart if I just slightly hit it? That's what's written all over your face, Xiao Xiao. You seem to be looking down on a barrier made by the God of Time a little too much." An amused voice came from above me.

 It seems like I was caught, but you cant' really blame me, the state of this sundial is a little...

 "It won't break even if you use all your power to hit it. You'll be the only one getting hurt. Let me show you if you don't believe me."

 Saying that he flew up and put me on the highest pillar. After that he stood in the middle of the island, facing the dial. He took out his bow and pulled back the string. I could see the power of anemo gather at the top of his arrow. It was a power equal to mine at first, but in merely a few seconds, my level of power was far surpassed.

 Won't it be a little too dangerous if he fires that?

 Just as I thought that, he fired. The arrow flew straight at the sundial, hitting it square in the center. but...

 Nothing happened.

 "Here it comes!" Venti said suddenly.

 I didn't even have time to think about what he was talking about when I saw the place where venti's arrow had hit glow. It started glowing brighter and brighter, and then out of nowhere, a ray of light shot at Venti.

 It was very fast and I couldn't quite identify it, even as it reached Venti. I only knew that it looked rather familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

 I was very worried at first as I saw the ray hit Venti, but seeing the confident smile on his face made me calm down a little.

 The ray of light hit him square in the chest, and at the moment of contact, it exploded into a great gale that blew over the whole island, even going as far as pushing back the sea surrounding it.

 Soon the wind stopped, revealing Venti, who had been stuck in the middle.

 As I caught sight of him, I could finally see the identity of the strange ray of light. Just millimeters in front of his chest, Venti was holding an arrow, his arrow to be precise.

Falling for Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें