𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏𝟖

Zacznij od początku

"Ah, that's alright. Nowadays, t's natural for people to believe in someone else's words when they haven't even known the person themselves. Fix that bad habit, alright, Kunimi?" She lightly advised. Kunimi smiled and nodded. "And, as expected of Oikawa-san! The person who hates geniuses!" (Y/N) laughed.

The male's eyes fluttered. "You know about that?"

The girl chuckled. "Of course, it's super obvious." She started to grind the spinach into small pieces. "It's expected for others to... fear or... dislike some things that they cannot understand and achieve." She pouted. "I like Oikawa-san as he is! But, I hope he would stop that sometimes though! He'd pretty much made Tobio a little scared because of that."

Kunimi's hands stopped at the mention of his former teammate. "Kageyama... scared...?"

"That's a given, Tobio is human after all." A sad smile etched on (Y/N)'s face. "You guys really hurt him at the last year of your junior high." Kunimi flinched and gazed at the ground in shame. (Y/N) noticed this and quickly assured him, "I don't mean anything bad by it! It's just the sheer truth. And, it's not like I'm saying that you're the only ones in the wrong here, I'm just saying that—what you did... hm... affected Tobio, like a lottt."

The guilt-wrecked Kunimi's heart skipped a beat when he heard the next words from (Y/N). "That made my friend grow though, so thank you." The medical journalist scratched the back of her head. "To be honest, I don't like how you guys didn't make more effort to connect with him, however... I cannot ignore the fact that Tobio disregarded you all as well. I didn't like that, too. I wish he'd express himself more appropriately at that time. I wish he didn't look so highly of himself and tried to treat and look at the people surrounding him for the better."

She sheepishly grinned. "Sheesh, I get so talkative when it's about people I love. I'm sorry for ranting like that, Kunimi."

"No... I don't mind at all..." Kunimi unconsciously trailed off. Wow... And here I thought that she would completely side with Kageyama because he was her best friend, but... He glanced at (Y/N) who caught his stare and smiled his way. She sees everything with such a fair and impartial gaze. She's strange and all, however, she's one of the most understanding people I've ever met.

"Hei hei? Do you need something, Kunimi?" (Y/N) asked, confused at the look that he was giving her.

Realizing what he was doing, Kunimi shook his head. "Oh no, I was just thinking of something."

"A penny for your thoughts?" (Y/N) kindly wondered.

This is really rude and there's a huge chance that she will avoid me if I say this, but here it goes... Kunimi breathed in and out before inquiring, "(Y/N)-san, you're... not fully human, aren't you?"

To his surprise, (Y/N) replied without hesitation, "Oh yeah, I'm not. You really are smart, aren't you, Kunimi?"

She just said it. Without even breaking a sweat. What is wrong with this lady? Why is she so frank? Kunimi sweatdropped. "Is it... really okay for you to say the truth like that? What if it's an absolute secret or something?"

"It is, but I don't mind revealing it when someone is already suspicious of it." (Y/N) shrugged. "Why bother hiding something when someone is aware of a secret? Say the truth to avoid misunderstandings, that's it." Kunimi slowly nodded. His respect for her increasing much more after hearing that. "Well, I technically do lie about my identity from time to time, but if it's trustworthy people asking it, then I don't mind telling the truth."

"I see..." The quiet male stated. "What is (Y/N)-san then?"

"I'm a nereid," she nonchalantly answered.