Weirdmaggedon Part 3: Take Back the Falls

Depuis le début

Wendy rolled her eyes before looking at her magazine. "No. We're your grand-nephews and grand-niece, Patrick, Dipper, and Mabel," Patrick said, frowning as he pushed the cane away.

Again, Stan looked blankly at them.

"Come on, you know us, right? Veronica is my grandmother. And these two are your brother Shermy's grandkids," Patrick said after pointing to himself and the twins.

Again, Stan didn't look like he comprehended.

"Oh my God. Our parents sent us here to spend the entire summer with you!" Patrick yelled, throwing his arms up in the air. "They notified you two months ago, and you agreed to it."

"Wait, they were serious about that? I thought that was just an April Fools joke," Stan said, finally realizing what was going.

It didn't help that they sent the message on April Fool's Day of all days.

"Well, we're here now with all our stuff," Dipper said.

"And ready for an awesome summer!" Mabel boomed with excitement.

Stan let out a loud sigh in annoyance. This was not what he needed. He had a business to run, and having a bunch of kids running around is just going to make it hard for him to make a profit. Not to mention his little secret going on in the basement.

"I've got to make a phone call," he said before turning and walking back into the other room.

"He seems nice," Mabel commented.

And that was how their first day of summer began.

------

Now, months later, as Weirdmaggedon threatened to tear the world apart, Patrick kicked the door to the Mystery Shack open, and the Mystery Team rushed in screaming. "Yaaahh!!"

But when they ran in, they weren't expecting what they saw.

"Yaaaahhhh!!" yelled Stan, Veronica, the Guardians of Obsolete Formats, Celestabellebethabelle, Chutzpar, Bats Biker, Woodpecker guy, Candy, Grenda, Sheriff Blubs, Pacifica Northwest, Old Man McGucket, and some Gnomes. All ready to fight to the last man.

When they found out who was in the shack, Patrick and the twins stared at their two eldest family members in shock. "Wait," Patrick said.

"Grunkle Stan/Grandma!" Patrick, Dipper, and Mabel chorused as they threw down their weapons and rushed towards them with tears in their eyes.

"Kids!" Stan and Veronica exclaimed, tossing his baseball bat to the side and slinging her rifle on her back. The two cousins opened their arms and took them into a big family hug.

"My babies! You're all back!" Veronica cried, peppering Patrick's head with kisses as she hugged him.

"I can't believe it!" Stan exclaimed, hugging the twins tightly. "I thought I lost you three!" Suddenly, Soos ran up to him and enveloped both Stan and Veronica in a hug.

"Mr. Pines! It's really you!" He exclaimed happily, holding them much more tightly. "I've been hugging strangers to practice for this moment."

Wendy followed their lead and slammed into Veronica for a hug. "We missed you, you old codgers!" She cried.

"I've missed you knuckleheads, too." Stan chuckled as they all let go. Waddles ran happily around their feet. "It's good to have you back."

Patrick and Wendy held hands as his grandmother turned towards the cousins. "So what happened inside of the bubble? And why is your hat on backwards?" Veronica pointed confusingly at Dipper's hat, which was still on backwards.