Chapter 2.5 : The Night After

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Oh, P’Om! What makes you doubt my good looks?” the bastard Jom complained.

Hahaha… are you really related to them …? Oh yeah, he is also wearing a university uniform with the university Business Administration logo on it too; they say he is a well-known person…”

Aren’t we going to the cinema? Let’s go.” I quickly interrupted their conversation, which made everyone stared at me.

What is up with you, Porsche? Usually, he doesn’t say talk this much.” P’Om said as he looked at me in surprise.

Come on, hurry up; we can head over there now. I’ll join you in your car and leave my motorbike parked here.” I nudge their elbows to hurry them up, which created confusion on their faces.

Ok…Ok… we will go… but before that, let’s go meet my father’s younger brother first!” Jom emphasized the words of my fathers’ brother in front of P’Om as he looked at me to make it clear…

If I wasn’t your senior, I’d hit you on the head.” P’Om said to Jom.

Come along Sir…” Jom said sarcastically as he took his bag and walked in front.

Hey! Guys! Let’s go to the movies.” I invited loudly.

Yes, we will in a minute; we will just take Jom to the front of the faculty first.” P’Om said.

If you don’t go now, we won’t be partying at the bar later.” I said threateningly as I folded my arms, but in my heart, I felt apprehensive and worried.

“I said we will go soon. I have to meet the person who claims to be my father’s younger brother first!” Jom said adamantly

What’s the matter with you, Porsche?” Tem asked.

No, I am just too lazy to go all the way back to the front of the building.” I said faintly.

Then you can go wait in the car; come on Jom.” Tem said as he gave me the car keys. The two of them then walked to the front of the faculty building.

I promise, Jom, someday I will repay you. I lit the second cigarette, trying to keep an eye out for my friends and see if they have returned or not. I do not think they will do anything on campus. And even if it is like that, I told you that I am not afraid. I am just afraid he will hunt me down to get his watch back!

What should I do…?

Shit…P’Om!!! It’s soo annoying that he came and fooled me.” Jom’s voice was hear loudly from a distance. I lifted my head to look.

What’s the update about your father’s younger brother?” I asked Jom who was frowning.

Nobody came to look for me, it was a waste of time.” Hearing that, I secretly sighed in relief.

Hahahah…P’Om tricking his junior like that. Fuck that!” the two of them continued to complain before driving to the shopping mall near the university.

—-Later on

Aoi Aoi… Did someone come looking for me?” I called out after I parked my bike in front of the house.

Hey! Do you have a problem with someone? They look like they are from the mafia.” I braced myself and asked in a quiet but firm voice.

What did he say?”

He asked for the owner of the house whose name is Jom. Aunt was confused, so I said there was no one named Jom living here and that this house was empty. They then left after hearing that.” I nodded as I listened to her reply.

When did they come around?” I asked again.

This afternoon.” Auntie answered with a suspicious face but did not dare ask me anything further.

Auntie, may I park my motorbike at your house?”

All right, go ahead. Your family has been through so much; I feel sorry for you and your family, Porsche.

Right, I had not thought about that. Luckily when they had arrived, Che was not home. I must warn him never to open the door to strangers.

Now, when I think about that, I am secretly apprehensive and worried about what could happen.

I am afraid Kinn will give me the measly fifty thousand and ask for his watch back.

But who would not have done what I did? I sold the watch for much more than what I was owed and had used the money for whatever I needed to. Who would have given up such an opportunity to have that much money?