𝑖𝑖𝑖. Surprise!

༻✿༺

          The gang spends the evening lazing about in the basement, barely making conversation

The gang spends the evening lazing about in the basement, barely making conversation. As usual, to appease some of their boredom, they indulge in whatever is on TV. This time, it happens to be Petticoat Junction. Hyde leans forward in his chair, analysing the scenes in front of him. Eric occupies the couch with Donna between his feet, while Fez rests beside him in the lawn chair.

Sabrina sits cross-legged on the floor on either side of Kelso's legs with Archie bundled up snugly in her lap. She's leaning back comfortably as the said boy on the couch behind her loosely braids her blonde strands. Something he claims to have learned by practising on his little sister. He's attempting to do so with difficulty, though. The reason being Jackie, who stands behind him, backcombing his hair in a harsh manner. Sabrina has no idea what possessed her to start doing so, but she figures she's making an attempt to change his look.

"Does it bother anyone else that these women live in Hooterville?" Hyde asks.

"Technically, Petticoat Junction is down the track from Hooterville," Eric informs him.

"Okay . . ." Hyde trails off, not missing out on giving the boy a weird look for feeling the need to add that detail. He rephrases his question. "Does it bother anyone else that these women live down the track from Hooterville?"

"It bothers me that they bathe in the town water tank," Donna voices.

"With the dog," Sabrina adds with a vehement nod of agreement towards the redhead, her nose scrunching in distaste. Her hair almost slips from Kelso's hold, but he catches it in time, securing the braid with a hair tie from his wrist.

Jackie gives his strands a break for a mere moment to chime in. "It isn't the drinking water. It is the water for the train."

"It's still three naked women with a dog."

"I want to be the Hooterville dog," Fez says. His eyes never leaving the screen, he gazes at the women with a bright grin plastered on his face.

"Yo-hoo!" A thudding on the stairs follows Kitty's enthused exclamation. She descends them with a basket of clothes in her arms, which she brings right over to the washing machine. "Now, don't mind me. I'm just putting some clothes in." She fishes a shirt out of the basket, smoothing it out and turning to her son. "Eric, honey, I thought you could wear this on your birthday. It's nice, you look so handsome in it!" She spares a glance at her daughter. "Sabrina, I'd suggest for you to wear that dress with the lovely little flowers we got you for Christmas some years ago, but I have a feeling you won't listen to me."

"Yeah, that's because I've outgrown it now," she reminds her like she's been doing for the past two years. Unlike Eric, Sabrina doesn't mind wearing something her mother wants her to for one night, but she draws the line at clothing that actually restricts her breathing. "I'm sure you wouldn't like to get suffocated by a tight collar around your neck, either."