Chapter 5

October 29, 2021

Mateo is outside the house already not liking being in the same pose position for three minutes.

“Ah you look so handsome!” Mateo's mom said taking pics of him in his costume.

“Mom, we are not even at school yet!” He said reminding her that he has to be at school for it to be considered to be a school costume party. “Can we go in the car now?”

“Alright alright let's go and drop you off.” She said getting to the car.

“Finally!” He exaggeratedly shouted getting inside the car.

~~~

“You will not pass until you answer this question. So do you remember all of the rules?” She turned to him once they were in the parking lot in the school. The car doors are locked.

“Yes. Don't go alone, go with friends. Don't drink too much punch juice. You don't want to destroy your bladder. Don't go into a dark alleyway, you don't want to be grabbed by a creep. Remember where each of your friends go since anything can happen.” He said while counting with his fingers when he said the rules. “Don't eat too much junk food because you are going to end up with a sick stomach.”

“Good now. You shall pass!” She said mimicking the voice of Grandalf, unlocking the car doors.

“I should have not made you watched that movie.” He muttered to himself.

“Oh sweetie. I watched that movie before you were even born.” She said while both of them got out of the car.

They ended up taking pictures. Each one being goofier than the last. They wave towards one another. Mateo going inside and his mother driving off towards home.

~~~

There were so many people dressed up as witches, vampires, ghosts, and even an occasional couch-shifting-into-a-cloud-person. There is music playing in the speakers, each song being appropriate since it is the school grounds.

“YO! Is that you, M?” Someone said behind Mateo.

He turned around and saw a multi-colored mostly black glow-in-the-dark fully suited knight.

“B, is that you?” Mateo asked, impressed with the costume that he has.

“Yeah it's me. I love the whole outfit. It really brings out your eyes.” Bobby said, moving his hands to show how much detail the makeup and clothes is well put together.

Mateo is in mostly black with red highlighted tuxedo. He has black gloves and polished black shoes. The tuxedo is greatly detailed and sewed in flowers with other small designs. His makeup is designed of a skeleton but instead of it being white it's painted red. His hair is tied up to look like a professional man bun, which also is braided at the sides. With all of the designs he looks like a character from a book that came to life.

Another person pops up without saying a single thing. That person is wearing an inflatable blue with red highlighted color dragon but the peeping hole is hard to see through.