He Changdi rubbed his temples. His head was hurting beyond belief.

The moment he had woken up and seen Chu Lian, he had thought that his past and present lives had overlapped.

However, as his mind slowly returned to consciousness, the Chu Lian in his mind slowly started to split apart and turned into two polar opposites.

He Changdi turned to Chu Lian with an unreadable expression. She was still in the same pose as earlier, leaning stiffly against the uneven cave wall with her legs straight. One of her limp hands was holding onto a damp cloth. The small gourd filled with water had been flipped over, leaving a small puddle of water on the ground that was slowly icing over.

With his intellect, it wasn't hard for He Changdi to guess at what Chu Lian had done for him. However, it also threw his heart into even more chaos.

He kept his eyes fixed on the sleeping woman just a few steps away from him. In his mind, two different figures were flashing one after another.

Which one was the real Chu Lian?

Should he trust her again?

Just as He Sanlang was absorbed in his painful thoughts, his sharp ears caught the soft sound of footsteps from outside the cave. He tensed and immediately leaped up, moving over to Chu Lian's side and shaking her awake.

Chu Lian was shaken awake. While she was still in a sleepy daze, she heard the beardy say with a grave expression, "Shh... Someone's coming."

The remaining sleepiness in her mind was instantly pushed away by her fear.

He Sanlang tossed aside his complicated thoughts and subconsciously placed himself in front of Chu Lian, shielding her behind him. He took out a dagger from his waistband. His deep eyes were focused on the cave's entrance like an eagle on the hunt.

They didn't have time to hide now. Someone had clearly discovered their presence in the cave.

He Changdi's sharp brows were locked together. He only hoped that the intruders weren't Tuhuns. He didn't have any weapons at hand and his body wasn't at peak condition. Furthermore, he had a weak woman by his side to protect. He wouldn't be a match for the elite warriors of the Tuhun right now.

Chu Lian's gaze was also fixed on the entrance of the cave, her eyes filled with extreme caution. She felt in one of the purses hung at her waist and took out a bottle of chilli powder. If it really came down to a fight, she was going to fling this powder right in her opponent's face!

Chapter 302: The Virgin He Sanlang (2)

It didn’t take too long for their visitors to arrive. Two strange figures appeared at the cave entrance.

Now that He Sanlang could make out the faces of the newcomers, his tightly wound nerves relaxed completely.

"Brother He!"

"Captain!"

Two shouts full of surprised joy jolted Chu Lian awake.

He Sanlang set down the dagger in his hands and went over to welcome them. The people who had come were Lieutenant Xiao Hongyu and another good soldier under He Changdi's command, Zhao Liang.

It seemed like the signal he had sent out earlier had worked.

Xiao Hongyu, who was younger than He Changdi by just a year, hugged him tightly in happiness. He then pounded He Changdi on the back forcefully. "Brother He, you scared us to death. Are you okay? When Zhao Liang and I found the signal and came looking, we bumped into a Tuhun scout. We've already settled him."