1- what an interesting series of events

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Luckily, when he had met Zoë on his quest to save not only Annabeth but also Lady Artemis, he discovered something. At first, her glares and jumps away at the occasional brush past that is expected in close quarters and combat led him to believe that she just hated men and touch that much. But, as they grew ever so closer and comfortable with each other, he found out that she was, 'feeling some queer sensation that ran through her veins and made her much more alert and awake than ambrosia ever could'.

That was when he realised that despite having joined the hunters and having all but lost her perks of being a Hesperide, she still counted as divine, meaning that his power affected her. Eventually, though, she become suspicious of this and questioned him one late night and he confessed, telling her about the ins and outs of his power and about his lack of knowledge and experience with it.

Zoë had quickly understood and pitied him if the expression on her face was going to say anything, but she did suggest that whilst she was there and willing, he could try out some of the features of his power.

They then spent the next hour experimenting with various things. Their findings were interesting to say the least. Percy could not quite turn it off, but he could make the power rush more subtle or prominent. He was uncomfortable with the other side of it, however. He could also drain power from her, it left her exhausted but him more energised and he did not want to know whether he would ever come to need it. Percy had immediately sent back a rush of power in his alarm and firmly stopped their testing session there.

Percy would be forever thankful for Zoë allowing him to experiment with her. However, she had passed on into the stars before he could fully show his gratefulness in return.

Of course, she had only let him just about be holding on to her arm so he had no idea to what extent anything more... intimate, would change things. Percy also did not want to test that at all, especially not with her. It was already helpful enough that he was able to survive his teen years with no major suspicion from the gods, mainly his father.

Percy closed his eyes, revelling in the darkness as he let out a deep breath. Rubbing his face, he stood up and took a quick glance around before leaving his cabin. The fresh air was relief, and he breathed it in greedily, savouring the sweetness of the strawberries that he could taste on his tongue.

Thinking about Zoë never failed to upset him. Her death was tragic and the guilt of not being able to save her- any of the campers they had lost, always found a way to creep up his back, straining his smile and clenching his fists. He really needed that therapy.

At times like this especially, he always found his way to the beach, watching the sunset whilst feeling the waves lap at his feet as the soothing sounds lulled him into sleep. Understandably, it was common to find Percy sleeping on the beach, so much so that if someone couldn't find him in his cabin it was guaranteed that he'd be lying star fished in the sand.

"Percy?"

He looked up, breathing in sharply at the sight of piercing grey eyes directed at him, "Annabeth. Hi, did you need something?"

She smiled gently, eyes knowing, "I was just coming round to tell you that the hunters will be here sometime this week."