Rolling his eyes, he walked away to leave while Wanda went back inside the office to get her cell phone.

–//–

Many minutes later, the two of them were sitting at an outside table at Bistro Arpège, probably Wanda's favorite place in the business district a few yards from the company.

Pietro was pretending well that he had no second thoughts about that lunch. He asked about the boys, about school, about the company, and even ordered a rosé wine for the two of them - which Wanda refused because she was working, and scolded him for asking since he was driving - but couldn't keep up his pretense for much longer after dessert arrived.

"Okay, I want to meet her." He declared, and Wanda chuckled

"Absolutely not."

"What? Come on!" Insisted her brother, but Wanda just looked away to the street, tranquility in her expression as she chewed a piece of strawberry pie. "Please, Wanda. I've never seen you like this."

The redhead frowned her attention on her pie. "Like what?"

"Not sure what to call it." Pietro murmured thoughtfully. "Obsessed wouldn't be the word."

"Shut up." Wanda retorted with a laugh, making Pietro smile.

"I was going to say, in love, but it wouldn't be true the part about watching because I went to your wedding." Pietro argued, stealing one of his sister's strawberries and receiving a repressive look - which he ignored - about it. "That's different from Vis, too. First, he's a guy, and a real asshole one. Two, you haven't been involved with a girl, in what? Twelve years?"

Rolling her eyes, Wanda finishes chewing before answering.

"My sex life doesn't interest you, you know."

Pietro laughs. "Oh, so you've been trying with women again." He deduces, but Wanda doesn't bother to confirm. "Monica didn't tell me about it."

"Because it's nobody's business." Wanda retorted almost uncomfortably.

"Yes, but you know dad..."

"Jesus, Pietro, don't you think I'm past the stage of giving him explanations?" Wanda interrupts impatiently.

Pietro shrugs his shoulders, laughing awkwardly. "It's not about explanations, Wanda. It's just that he tells us to be careful with our public lives, especially for someone in his position. Come on, even I have my adventures in California, but I keep it all pretty private."

With an impatient sigh, Wanda nods for the waiter to bring the bill.

"The only person who came to bother me about this story was you." She declares. "And no, I'm not dating anyone and my relationships are none of your business, so, no, you can't meet her."

Pietro sighed in defeat, and didn't bring up the subject further, realizing that if he pressed at this point he might end up on bad terms with his sister.

As soon as the waiter brought the bill and walked away with his credit card, he asked, "Am I still welcome in the Company?"

Wanda laughed with a frown. "What? Of course! It's still your name on the door, and well, you're annoying, but I love you and always want to see you. Now, goodbye, I need to get back to work."

Spoke the redhead quickly, getting up with her purse to leave the restaurant. She didn't notice the mischievous smirk from her brother, who had just indirectly received the permission he wanted to keep appearing around. Especially at a certain congress that would take place in a few days of which he overheard one of the customers at the back table talking about when Wanda went to the bathroom.

Resigned Position - Wanda Maximoff x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें