X. IN THE SPIRIT OF LETTING GO

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." Wanda let go and took a step back, sitting back down at Pietro's side. She looked at him carefully, afraid he might disappear if she looked away again. "You saved his life."

Luna chuckled, taking a seat at the other side of Pietro, "Yeah, well, he kinda grows on you, doesn't he? Like a fungus."

Wanda shrugged, "I guess so. What are you still doing here? Where are the others?"

"Just said bye to Clint, he's going back to his family. Thor went back to Asgard and Tony had some stuff to do downtown. Steve's gone on with his search for Bucky, told him I'd be there if he needed help. And Bruce is..." Luna took a breath, "Still missing. It got a little too quiet, so I thought I'd stop by."

"I'm glad you did." Wanda replied. She took Pietro's hand and looked over at Luna. "He likes you, you know." She said, something vague lacing her voice.

Luna smiled, "Well, I am very likable. He's not really my type, though."

"Oh." Wanda spoke quietly, "And your type is..."

Luna thought for a second and raised a teasing eyebrow, "Scary redheads, I think."

Wanda laughed and shook her head. "Funny."

"Green eyes, preferably." Luna continued, "Around 5'7", likes the color red—okay, okay, obviously I'm kidding." She smiled, "Hey, now that we're talking anyway, there was something I needed to ask you. You and Pietro. I was gonna wait 'till he was awake but now seems as good a time as any."

"What?" Wanda questioned.

"You've been staying here, right? The past couple o' days?"

"Yes," Wanda said, "Tony offered me a room down the hall but I want to wait until Pietro wakes up."

"What if I knew about a place in Brooklyn that has two spare rooms available for you two?" Luna spewed out, her anxiety spiking like it usually did when she asked serious questions.

Wanda frowned, "You mean live with you? Us?"

"Uh... Well, yeah. If you want, that is."

Wanda stared at Luna, a glimmer in her eyes, and she smiled genuinely, "I would love that. Pietro too, I am sure. Thank you. I think we will stay at the compound while Pietro is recovering. It will be a few weeks, but after, yes. We will come live with you."

• • •

"Alright!" Luna said with a big grin on her face, "You ready?"

"Yes, Luna, we have been ready for the past five minutes we have stood here." Pietro commented.

The boy was finally released from the med-bay by Dr. Cho with the promise he would take it easy. He wasn't too happy about the extra close eye Wanda was keeping on him.

"Ha ha." Luna replied but quickly stepped to the door. She inserted the key (of which she had made two copies) and swung the creaking door open, "What is it they say? Mi case es su casa? But then, literally." She stepped into her apartment and took of her jacket and duffel bag and swung it over the couch.

"It's not huge, I know. But there are two extra rooms, take your pick. This is the living room, over there is the kitchen and through that door is the bathroom. There is a balcony but I went out there once and there was a huge-ass spider and now the balcony is the spider's territory. His name's Spencer." Luna turned to Wanda and Pietro, "And? What do you think. It's not much, but, you know, home."

"Luna, this place is great. You are great, for letting us stay here." Wanda said with a rare smile on her face.

"Hey, this is your home now, too." Luna replied, her cheeks staining pink.

Pietro threw himself on the couch and made himself comfortable, "Yes," He said, "I could get used to this."

• • •

"Avengers..." Captain America began dramatically.

Luna appeared at his side, like the devil on his shoulder, "Assemble." She said, imitating his deeper voice.

Cap turned to her, "What are you doing here?"

"To train the rookies, obviously. You're the one who asked me here, boss." Luna shrugged.

Natasha chuckled, "He meant, what are you doing up here."

Luna frowned, "To... train the rookies?" It was less of a statement than a question this time.

Steve shook his head, an amused smile crossing his lips, "Nope, you get to go down there. Rookie." He pointed down the balcony.

Luna gaped at him as she tried to find the right words, "Excuse me? I have saved the world twice!"

"Yeah," Natasha said, "And you've never had proper training."

"Bullshit, I know how to fight perfectly good!"

"There's more you need to learn, Carter." Steve said, "Like how to properly handle a gun, and proper grammar. Really, Luna? 'Perfectly good'?"

Luna scoffed and crossed her arms childishly.

"Go on, Carter."

She huffed and jumped off the balcony, landing on the ground with a soft thump. She walked to stand next to the twins when she spotted Pietro trying and failing to hold in his laughter. She glared at him as she pointed her finger in his direction threateningly, "I saved your life, Speedy, I can just as easily take it away."

Pietro didn't think a pouting 17-year-old was all that threatening.

"Okay!" Cap called out and the new recruits and Luna stood in a line. He looked down at the team with a proud smile, "One last time. Avengers..."