THOSE DISTANT DAYS WERE LIKE A DREAM...

Start from the beginning

"No, the side of you that's considerate and mindful of everyone in the family." their caretaker said.

"... Thanks!" Emma said. Emma look around to find her h/c best friend but there's no sign of her anywhere.

"Huh? Where's [Name]? Did any of you saw her?" Emma asked.

"She's playing with the babies." Ray answered.

"You always knew where [Name] is." Norman commented with a smile plastered on his face.

"Well, it's not surprising since Ray was always following [Name] wherever she goes." their caretaker said with a teasing smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah~, Ray is a big stalker of [Name]. Wherever [Name] is, always expect that Ray is around." Emma said.

"I'm not stalking her." Ray said.

"YES YOU DO!" the kids five and under answered.

"See? Even the kids notice it. Don't try to hide it Ray.~" Emma said.

"I'm just monitoring her if she suddenly had her asthma attack. Mom asked me to do that anyways." Ray said.

"Huh? Is that true Mom?" Emma asked. Isabella chuckled.

"Yes, it's true. I actually had a hard time choosing between Ray or Norman to be the ones who will be always at [Name's] side because they're both capable." Isabella said.

"Why did you pick Ray?" Norman asked.

"Well, Ray is the eldest in here so I figure out that he might be the capable one. And if you're always with [Name], the kids will loose a big brother. You know that Ray is not that close to the other kids, right?" Isabella answered Norman's question. Norman was actually saddened by that.

"Don't be sad Norman! I know! I'll bring [Name] to cheer you up!" Emma said then run off to find the girl.

Emma find the girl in the babies room. There, [Name] was happily playing with the babies.

"[Name]!" Emma said to caught the girls attention. [Name] turned around to see Emma standing on the doorway with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Good morning [Name]!" Emma greeted the girl.

"Good morning Emma!" [Name] greeted back.

"Let's go get some breakfast!" Emma said then drag the girl to the dining hall.

"Good morning [Name]!" the other kids greeted the girl.

"Good morning everyone!" [Name] greeted back.

In spite of this, [Name] and Emma treasure them all.

Their beloved mother and siblings. Who gives a crap if they're not blood related? There's nothing they hold more dear.

That entire House...was their family.

They were [Name] and Emma's... everything.
In their run-of-the-mill....

"Right on time." their caretaker said while ringing the bell.

10 years... No one thought to question it. They were indeed ordinary, normal days.

[Name] happened to sit beside Emma.

"LET'S DIG IN!" the kids said in unison.

The plush beds, foods that tasted gourmet, their snow white uniforms, the identification number on their necks, and...

They finish eating.

The litany of daily exams.

'For our future.' 'For our well being.'