Chapter 2

" Enjoy the show." George said half-heartedly as he handed another person their ticket for the show.
This was definitely not his ideal job but a job is a job and he needed a way to keep up with rent. He didn't want to use any of the money that he had left over from the shop.
Fred.
His thoughts drifted as he sat behind the ticket booth. He missed his twin terribly and each day was harder than the next. But he hated thinking about it so he thought back to Nova. Oh how he wished to see her again. He didn't know how he got so attached in just the few minutes they had been talking but he did. He couldn't get her off his mind. Maybe it was the way she rambled about random things. Or the way her smile seemed to sparkle. Or maybe it was the way she looked at him. Not knowing who he was, which is what led him to assume that she was a muggle.
Most of the wizarding world knew who the Weasleys were because of their help during the war. And of course, being the host family for 'the savior' Harry Potter. So because Nova didn't immediately recognize him, he just assumed he was a muggle. Which was fine since he had no intention of returning to the wizarding world.
About 2 hours later the show had ended. It was a smaller production that he had never heard of. Not that he had heard of any muggle productions or had any experience in theater at all. As the people were walking out he wished them a good night and started to clean up the lobby.
Once he had finished he turned all the lights off and was about to lock the doors to the theater when he heard light footsteps, and then someone trip and fall.
"Ouch, that hurt!" The voice that belonged to the footsteps said. He turned the light on to see who could still possibly be in the theater at this hour. And that's when he saw her.
The girl he hadn't been able to get off his mind for the past few hours. Nova.
" George?" Nova asked, surprised and slightly confused.
"Nova?" George asked with the same expression.
" What are you doing here?" They both asked at the same time and laughed as they realized.
" I work here." George stated as he checked her over to make sure that she was okay after fall.
"No way! That's so cool, me too!" She said as she waved him off as if to tell him that she was fine.
"While kind of. I'm an actress. I was just in the show tonight." She told him as they walked over to the door.
"Really? That's kind of cool." He said as he locked the door.
" How long have you been acting for?" He asked her as they walked down the street back to their apartment complex.
" Oh I've been in love with it since I was a little girl." She answered dreamily with the biggest smile on her face.
" I started at a local when I was 5 and have been doing it ever since." She told him.
" Wow, that's a long time. You must really love acting." George told her with the same smile on his face.
That broke out a whole conversation of just how much she loves it which, from what George could tell, was a lot. After that their conversation drifted off to other things. Just random things that were brought up some about her childhood but that was quickly disregarded when he asked him about his childhood. She quickly changed the subject seeing that it was a sore topic for him.
He could tell that she was really good at reading people's emotions, namely his. He liked that about her. She could tell when he was uncomfortable and made every effort to change the topic to something that didn't make him feel uncomfortable.
Before they knew it they were back at their apartment building.
"Well, this is me." She smiled at him as she walked to her apartment door that was across and two doors over from his.
" I had a nice time talking to you tonight. Would you maybe want to walk back with me tomorrow night? Obviously you don't have to if you don't want to. I just thought that we had a nice time talking and that maybe you'd want to do it again." She rambled as he smiled.
" I'd love to." He told her and she gave him the biggest smile and then did something unexpected.
She hugged him.
He was shocked, but immediately hugged back.
"Sorry! I forget that everyone isn't a big hugger like me. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." She said apologetically.
" No, you're fine. I don't mind." He smiled at her, and she smiled back.
" Well goodnight neighbor. Sweet dreams." She told him as she unlocked her apartment and walked in.
" Sweet dreams." He whispered even though she couldn't hear him because she had already closed her door.
That night as George was getting ready for bed, he once again couldn't get his mind off the bubbly actress. She made him feel happy. Like genuinely happy. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. He decided that night that she was going to be in his life for a while. In whatever way she wanted to be. Whether they were friends or something more. He didn't mind as long as she didn't leave anytime soon.