Chapter 2- Titan Problems

Chapter 2

Raven led me down the hall to where my room would be. It was right next to Robin's which almost seemed too coincidental. The leader still was hesitant to let me stay here.

I understand that it may be his tower and his team, but if he tries anything on me, I will punch his sorry butt into next week.

"So you can basically do whatever you want with your room. It's yours. Welcome to the tower, Nyx." Raven actually smiled at me.

"Thanks Rave. Hey, if you have any tips to keep on Robin's good side, I'd love to hear them." I smiled.

"Yeah. Um, tomorrow morning make everybody breakfast. Robin loves scrambled eggs and toast." Raven smirked.

"Thanks Raven. I'll see you tomorrow then." I smiled at her and then entered my room, looking around. White walls, white sheets, a desk in the corner and a huge bed against the center wall. It was a...nice room.

The walls were giving me chills, though, reminding me too much of my parents. I frowned but would just have to let it go for a night. I looked down at my uniform and realized it was filthy. I wouldn't want to get in a clean bed without clean clothes. I frowned and went to knock on Robin's door.

"Robin? Hey, um, I hate to ask this of you since you're already hasty towards me, but do you have an extra set of clothes I could borrow for the night? Mine are filthy and I don't want to ruin the sheets..." I stood at the door awkwardly for a few seconds without hearing any noise. "Uh, okay. I'll just go ask Raven then..."

"No, it's fine. Here," he thrust a set of clothes at me. I could barely tell him thank you before the door slid closed. I sighed and headed to the bathroom down the hall to take a shower. And...was that a blush I saw fading from his cheeks?

I showered quickly and then changed into the clean set of clothes. Robin had given me a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt with his symbol on it. Gods, he was such a nerd. I smiled at the shirt before going back to my room. I curled up under the covers and prepared for a night of nightmares.

----

True to my own words, I was twisting and turning from old memories coming back to haunt me. It had to be the walls that were the problem.

After I woke up in a cold sweat from one nightmare, I couldn't take it and decided to go sleep on the couch in the common room. After that, I slept peacefully until the break of dawn and then began to make everybody breakfast.

I made the scrambled eggs first, making sure to keep it on low while I made scrambled tofu for Beast Boy. Raven was the first to come down to breakfast.

"Taking my advice, huh?" I smiled at her. "By the way, I love the pj's." She smirked at me.

I blushed, "My clothes were dirty, and he was the closest room. Don't judge." She rolled her eyes, still smirking and sat down at the table. I made toast and sausages before serving Raven her breakfast. She thanked me just as Starfire, Cyborg and Beast Boy walked into the kitchen. I smiled at them over my shoulder.

"Morning friends! I made breakfast for you all!" I served them their breakfasts and gave Beast Boy extra toast to make up for the lack of sausages.

"She's being nice, should we be wary?" Beast Boy whispered to Cyborg. I smirked and shook my head in amusement as I cooked more sausages and even made some bacon.

"Just eat it, Beast Boy. It's really good." Raven told him.

"Well if Raven has eaten the breakfast, then I will eat the breakfast as well," Star said. I smiled.